Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT]Lenovo Vibe Z (K910)

Tip us?

csu333
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by katalinscrob View Post
Big thanks button should be available too...
Managed to boot in cwm, root from cwm (btw very nice option ), Gapps full reinstall and finally a backup. EVRIKA! YOU DID IT ! Respect man ! permanent img flash would be next step I assume...
You're very welcome

Well, actually, there should be no problem flashing this recovery, it's just that it could break the OTA process (and that I haven't tested it myself yet)

So next step after testing is to find a way to make this menu readable. I mean, I almost need a magnifying glass to read it

katalinscrob
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
It isn't really an issue, maybe to correct the dafult push backup folder to internal sdcard clockworkmod instead of root folder (mnt...). I suppose that until seriously modded ROM's will appear it's best to mantain non flashed anyway for the OTA capability IMHO. Anyway, very nice job, put a paypal to receive some beers from us.

nlohani
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I still cannot install zips (SuperSU / gapps) from recovery, though recovery.img was flashed without any error. Am I missing anything?

sakilxda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello friends, you have seen this guide?

http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/4131-g...1%D0%B8%D1%8F/

katalinscrob
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakilxda View Post
Hello friends, you have seen this guide?

http://lenovo-forums.ru/topic/4131-g...1%D0%B8%D1%8F/
It is based on csu333's work. I linked thid thread to russian fellows.

sakilxda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It is based on csu333's work. I linked thid thread to russian fellows.
Ok, just thought it was a copy

csu333
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlohani View Post
I still cannot install zips (SuperSU / gapps) from recovery, though recovery.img was flashed without any error. Am I missing anything?
Are you sure you are in the custom recovery? The Lenovo one look similar but doesn't have the clockwork mod logo in the background. It lets you install zip...as long as they are signed by Lenovo.

nlohani
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by csu333 View Post
Are you sure you are in the custom recovery? The Lenovo one look similar but doesn't have the clockwork mod logo in the background. It lets you install zip...as long as they are signed by Lenovo.
You are right, after re-flashing your recovery I was able to install SuperSU.zip, but still couldn't find it in the device.
Just to share further-
1. Titanium backup still fails to get root access
2. One root checker application says my device is rooted, but 'rescue root checker' says it is not
The Following User Says Thank You to nlohani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

csu333
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It isn't really an issue, maybe to correct the dafult push backup folder to internal sdcard clockworkmod instead of root folder (mnt...). I suppose that until seriously modded ROM's will appear it's best to mantain non flashed anyway for the OTA capability IMHO. Anyway, very nice job, put a paypal to receive some beers from us.
Good suggestions. I'll take a look.

Now that I know what it takes to build a recovery, I'll think twice before starting a project of a really modded ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to csu333 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

csu333
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlohani View Post
You are right, after re-flashing your recovery I was able to install SuperSU.zip, but still couldn't find it in the device.
Just to share further-
1. Titanium backup still fails to get root access
2. One root checker application says my device is rooted, but 'rescue root checker' says it is not
I 've had the same behavior with the oldest ROM. This is why I provided a custom ROM with busybox installed even if I knew most people wouldn't need it. It was just impossible to install it afterwards. It might then be version related. Which version are you running?