CM11 for N900?

Search This thread

bandroid842

Aug 15, 2010
I was just wondering why CM11 has already been ported to the N9005 but not to the N900? Is it the Exynos sources or simply that no developers have ventured on that yet? In either case, thanks to the incredible developers on either phone that make them even better than they are, and do it all mainly for free :)

donalgodon

Jan 10, 2010
I was just wondering why CM11 has already been ported to the N9005 but not to the N900? Is it the Exynos sources or simply that no developers have ventured on that yet? In either case, thanks to the incredible developers on either phone that make them even better than they are, and do it all mainly for free :)

It's both, for the most part. Samdung has a long and sordid history of providing incomplete and/or outdated sources for its Exynos devices in particular, and what impacts things to the greatest degree is probably the missing userspace drivers needed to make the major components (camera, etc.) work properly. They've burned the Open Source dev community so many times and so badly each time that even the best have basically given up and walked away from it.

Reactions: bandroid842

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's both, for the most part. Samdung has a long and sordid history of providing incomplete and/or outdated sources for its Exynos devices in particular, and what impacts things to the greatest degree is probably the missing userspace drivers needed to make the major components (camera, etc.) work properly. They've burned the Open Source dev community so many times and so badly each time that even the best have basically given up and walked away from it.