Ask a question

No registration required

Can it do this?

OP Dugan1017

1st January 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82

332 posts
Trying to see if my Pebble will be useful for refereeing youth soccer. I'd like it to do 2 things.

1. Display a count up and countdown timer on the same screen, so that I can keep track of what minute the game is in, and how much time is left in the half at a glance.

2. Keep track of how much I run during a game. Ideally, I'd likelike do this without having to keep my phone in my pocket, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Thanks for any help or tips you can offer. I'm looking forward to playing around with this.

I'm running Android 4.2.2 (Infamous Alpha) on a Tmobile Galaxy S4 if that matters.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd January 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82

332 posts
Found an app called multi timer that displays bouth timers, count up and countdown, on the same screen, for antone else that might be looking.

Still haven't played with the pedometer part yet, we'll see.

23rd January 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #3  
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't think that is posible without the phone, since it doesn't have GPS in it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th January 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 2,271

2,478 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugan1017

Trying to see if my Pebble will be useful for refereeing youth soccer. I'd like it to do 2 things.

1. Display a count up and countdown timer on the same screen, so that I can keep track of what minute the game is in, and how much time is left in the half at a glance.

2. Keep track of how much I run during a game. Ideally, I'd likelike do this without having to keep my phone in my pocket, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Thanks for any help or tips you can offer. I'm looking forward to playing around with this.

I'm running Android 4.2.2 (Infamous Alpha) on a Tmobile Galaxy S4 if that matters.

Yes its possible,

that being said will it be 100% accurate? possibly.

Using the accelerometer on the pebble you could measure the values of an arm swing while walking and running, then do some nested if statements to check the values adding to a counter everytime it meets the criteria
The Following User Says Thank You to dsexton702 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #5  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 30

108 posts
More
Wait for the SDK v2. It can count Steps, Calories and stuff. And then you can just multiply the number of steps with your average distance that you can cover in a step. :P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread