Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 47,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can it do this?

Tip us?

Dugan1017
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Default Can it do this?

Trying to see if my Pebble will be useful for refereeing youth soccer. I'd like it to do 2 things.

1. Display a count up and countdown timer on the same screen, so that I can keep track of what minute the game is in, and how much time is left in the half at a glance.

2. Keep track of how much I run during a game. Ideally, I'd likelike do this without having to keep my phone in my pocket, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Thanks for any help or tips you can offer. I'm looking forward to playing around with this.

I'm running Android 4.2.2 (Infamous Alpha) on a Tmobile Galaxy S4 if that matters.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dugan1017
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Found an app called multi timer that displays bouth timers, count up and countdown, on the same screen, for antone else that might be looking.

Still haven't played with the pedometer part yet, we'll see.

keller00
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I don't think that is posible without the phone, since it doesn't have GPS in it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dsexton702
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2269

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugan1017 View Post
Trying to see if my Pebble will be useful for refereeing youth soccer. I'd like it to do 2 things.

1. Display a count up and countdown timer on the same screen, so that I can keep track of what minute the game is in, and how much time is left in the half at a glance.

2. Keep track of how much I run during a game. Ideally, I'd likelike do this without having to keep my phone in my pocket, but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Thanks for any help or tips you can offer. I'm looking forward to playing around with this.

I'm running Android 4.2.2 (Infamous Alpha) on a Tmobile Galaxy S4 if that matters.

Yes its possible,

that being said will it be 100% accurate? possibly.

Using the accelerometer on the pebble you could measure the values of an arm swing while walking and running, then do some nested if statements to check the values adding to a counter everytime it meets the criteria

Andromeda Crew In Development - ACID

Follow me: Twitter

i love to code
The Following User Says Thank You to dsexton702 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Deoy
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Wait for the SDK v2. It can count Steps, Calories and stuff. And then you can just multiply the number of steps with your average distance that you can cover in a step. :P
Nexus 5

Pebble