Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Interested in joining an XDA WhatPulse team?
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

WhatPulse, XDA community interested?

Tip us?

TagEHeuer
Old
(Last edited by MikeChannon; 31st December 2013 at 01:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Cool WhatPulse, XDA community interested?

Hi everyone, after having a discussion with MikeChannon (Forum Administrator) about this, he suggested making a thread to see how much interest it would gather and how the XDA community would feel.
(Edit by Mike: I don't know much about WhatPulse, so I'm neither recommending it nor rejecting it).

What is WhatPulse?

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WhatPulse

Quote:
WhatPulse is a key counting program which monitors the number of keystrokes, mouseclicks, computer uptime, and bandwidth usage, that a user makes over a period of time. Unlike keyloggers, the authors claim WhatPulse does not record the order of the keys that are pressed, but instead measures the number of times that keys are pressed.[2]
WhatPulse is a keylogger!?!!? (always a worry for people)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+WhatPulse+a+keylogger

Personally I've used it since 2006: http://whatpulse.org/TagEHeuer - not that I've used it much as I haven't really bothered with it.

I was thinking it would be a fun community group effort for everyone. They have thousands of teams on WhatPulse, it's just all in all a big load of fun! We'd make a team and just compete against other teams, it's also exposure for XDA.

You can see all the statistics here: http://whatpulse.org/stats/overall/numbers/

Remember it's just an idea, just wanted to hear how my fellow XDA members would feel, and if anyone would actually take part in this fun project, challenge.

As always keep supporting the community with your great custom ROMS, mods, kernels, themes, apps, posts, etc.

** I have registered the team XDADevelopers just so no one trolls and takes it. Of course if people are interested, the powers that be will get the team.

I actively donate to people who are helpful towards others and myself. Be it a small amount or a large amount. I will try my best to thank you with a donation.

TagEHeuer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Anyone give me any feedback on why they wouldn't want to take part? Doesn't seem like something people would be interested in, or maybe I'm wrong?

I actively donate to people who are helpful towards others and myself. Be it a small amount or a large amount. I will try my best to thank you with a donation.

Jounsa
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I think this is pretty interesting. Maybe I'll take a more in-depth look at it on the weekend.

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

TagEHeuer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jounsa View Post
I think this is pretty interesting. Maybe I'll take a more in-depth look at it on the weekend.

Thank you. Not sure how many others are interested. Looks like it won't kick off

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Jounsa
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Ha! You never know; most things take time just to get started...Particularly those which are great

ironman38102
Old
Thanks Meter 181
When I get access to my pc Ill see what this is about

Its going to be LEGEND--wait for it--DARY!-Barney Stinson(How I Met Your Mother)

Current Devices:Motorola Moto G
ROM: Official CM11

Previous Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Star
Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Its going to be LEGEND--wait for it---DARY!-Barney Stinson(How I Met Your Mother)

NOTICE: Do not send me any PM asking for tech support! Use the search bar for that!

Written
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Hey,

I can certainly see the value of this, however, the majority of my keystrokes are done from my work computer.

Problem with that is, I'd have my neck on the chopping board if I circumvented the permissions and installed something such as this.

I would find.it.interesting to see how much I am communicating digitally though, as I do wonder if it has already passed the amount of face to face communication.

Running CleanRom & M-Kernel

C903 running iHackers 2.1 LB

Retired : LG Optimus 2X / Galaxy Note N7000

TagEHeuer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman38102 View Post
When I get access to my pc Ill see what this is about

Its going to be LEGEND--wait for it--DARY!-Barney Stinson(How I Met Your Mother)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Written View Post
Hey,

I can certainly see the value of this, however, the majority of my keystrokes are done from my work computer.

Problem with that is, I'd have my neck on the chopping board if I circumvented the permissions and installed something such as this.

I would find.it.interesting to see how much I am communicating digitally though, as I do wonder if it has already passed the amount of face to face communication.
Thank you for looking at it. If we can get more people interested, then maybe we can do something. If you'd both vote on the poll that would be helpful. If you let more people know about this, that we would fantastic also.

armyboy11b
Old
Thanks Meter 953
Sounds pretty cool man,I never used anything like this tho I'll look at in more in depth when I'm off duty
Thanks.

Nexus5
-Death b4 Dishonor-
-DEVICES-
------------------------
*Galaxy note i717
Rom-black+star v3
*Nexus 7 tab (shipping)
Rom-stock
------------------------
*U.S ARMY*
PARA-T

TagEHeuer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66

DONATE TO ME
Thanks! If people could vote on the poll that would be great

Tags
community, site, support, whatpulse, xda