FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[EDITOR] EdiSense Edify Code Editor - With Syntax Highlighter

715 posts
Thanks Meter: 919
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from yashade2001: An Editor With Syntax Highlighter For Edify!
Hi all. EdiSense is a code editor for Edify scripting language. I'm working on an IDE for Edify, that's why I maked this first. I'll use this editor in my IDE. In version 0.1, the only feature is syntax highlighting but I'll add many features like autocompleting. By the way, it's only available for Windows currently.

Screenshot :



Write your opinion!

You can download it from here or from downloads section : http://www.mediafire.com/download/kx...ashade2001.exe

About the syntax highlighting: It makes the Edify keywords dark blue except "if,else,then,endif" words. EdiSense makes them light blue. EdiSense makes comment ( # ) lines green. And lastly, it makes brown inside of ""s.

XDA:DevDB Information
EdiSense Edify Code Editor, a Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
yashade2001

Version Information
Status: Beta
Current Beta Version: 0.1
Beta Release Date: 2014-01-04

Created 2014-01-06
Last Updated 2014-01-19
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to yashade2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
7th January 2014, 07:15 AM |#2  
Ricky Divjakovski's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5,548
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashade2001

Quote:

Hi all. EdiSense is a code editor for Edify scripting language. I'm working on an IDE for Edify, that's why I maked this first. I'll use this editor in my IDE. In version 0.1, the only feature is syntax highlighting but I'll add many features like autocompleting. By the way, it's only available for Windows currently.

Screenshot :



Write your opinion!

You can download it from here or from downloads section : http://www.mediafire.com/download/kx...ashade2001.exe

About the syntax highlighting: It makes the Edify keywords dark blue except "if,else,then,endif" words. EdiSense makes them light blue. EdiSense makes comment ( # ) lines green. And lastly, it makes brown inside of ""s.

XDA:DevDB Information
EdiSense Edify Code Editor, a Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
yashade2001

Version Information
Status: Beta
Current Beta Version: 0.1
Beta Release Date: 2014-01-04

Created 2014-01-06
Last Updated 2014-01-06

would be nice if there was some sort of error detection/fixing, this tool would be close to amazing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricky Divjakovski For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 03:50 PM |#3  
yashade2001's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 919
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi @ricky310711 thanks for your support!
7th January 2014, 06:20 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Talking
Can't wait for the future updates! Awesome Work
Last edited by lieuwex; 7th January 2014 at 06:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lieuwex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 05:01 PM |#5  
yashade2001's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 919
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys I'm working on autocompleting feature! I think I can finish that in this week.
11th January 2014, 04:02 PM |#6  
yashade2001's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 919
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey @eagleeyetom thanks for sharing this on the portal but you wrote coming features too like syntax error checker and autocompleting. In this version the only feature is syntax highlighting. I think you should edit that article ( Especially the title ) . When I add that features, I will PM to you to write a new article. ( Or you can delete this article for now, I don't know which is better. ) Thanks in advance.
Last edited by yashade2001; 11th January 2014 at 04:08 PM.
11th January 2014, 04:32 PM |#7  
TRusselo's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 2,829
 
Donate to Me
More
Should make this a plugin for notepad++

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV
MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.
XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRusselo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 05:51 PM |#8  
eagleeyetom's Avatar
Developer Committee / XDA Portal Team
Flag Gdańsk
Thanks Meter: 12,613
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashade2001

Hey @eagleeyetom thanks for sharing this on the portal but you wrote coming features too like syntax error checker and autocompleting. In this version the only feature is syntax highlighting. I think you should edit that article ( Especially the title ) . When I add that features, I will PM to you to write a new article. ( Or you can delete this article for now, I don't know which is better. ) Thanks in advance.

I removed the auto completion line. Sorry for that. Not sure what is wrong with the title though.
The Following User Says Thank You to eagleeyetom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 06:14 PM |#9  
Ricky Divjakovski's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5,548
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRusselo

Should make this a plugin for notepad++

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV
MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.
XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.

theres a bright idea!
11th January 2014, 07:11 PM |#10  
broodplank1337's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 10,153
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRusselo

Should make this a plugin for notepad++

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV
MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.
XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.

Agree on that, but still would leave linux users behind, I was wondering what could serve both windows and linux users. many people that code in windows use apps such as visual studio or .net which are all a living hell on wine (linux) since it will not run. I think the best option would be (next to a plugin for a text editor) to use java, can be ran on all platforms
11th January 2014, 07:17 PM |#11  
Ricky Divjakovski's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5,548
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by broodplank1337

Agree on that, but still would leave linux users behind, I was wondering what could serve both windows and linux users. many people that code in windows use apps such as visual studio or .net which are all a living hell on wine (linux) since it will not run. I think the best option would be (next to a plugin for a text editor) to use java, can be ran on all platforms

maybe a wine compatible standalone package?
or maybe some sort of command line text editor such as gedit..?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
code, edify, edisense, editor
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes