Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid Ultra Straight Talk

Tip us?

eek88dj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Droid Ultra Straight Talk

I read some threads some droids it can be done to I didn't see any for the Ultra. Can it be done? I know its unlocked international but not US I guess not sure. Verizon says it not but I know they don't want me to leave their high prices. I know I got a global setting in the mobile networks settings. I was told if I used straight talk all I have would be talk and text which it be ok for now but I guess I can change the APN setting give me 3G now with the Sim card it a nano or mirco chip? I want to make sure I can do this...if I have no data it ok I got WiFi everywhere I go... Please help with this I'm new at this I'm learning lol...any info I would really appreciate it. Thank you..

nathanalanlister
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I am using a droid MAXX now and GSM SIMs are no longer recognized. Using retail non developer edition and unroofed

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanalanlister For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kuz142
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek88dj View Post
I read some threads some droids it can be done to I didn't see any for the Ultra. Can it be done? I know its unlocked international but not US I guess not sure. Verizon says it not but I know they don't want me to leave their high prices. I know I got a global setting in the mobile networks settings. I was told if I used straight talk all I have would be talk and text which it be ok for now but I guess I can change the APN setting give me 3G now with the Sim card it a nano or mirco chip? I want to make sure I can do this...if I have no data it ok I got WiFi everywhere I go... Please help with this I'm new at this I'm learning lol...any info I would really appreciate it. Thank you..
I'm running a stock 4.2.2 Maxx from Verizon, which is essentially the same phone as the Ultra, and it works fine with my Straight Talk SIM, no modification required (no LTE though of course). Every 4G LTE phone Verizon sells now is actually required by law to be GSM unlocked, including for carriers in the US, and I know multiple reviewers online have confirmed it works on AT&T as well
If I've been helpful, please take a second to click the 'Thanks' button

My Devices: HTC Incredible, 2.3.4 > Moto Droid RAZR Maxx, CyanogenMod 10.1, Android 4.2.2 > Moto X, Droid Maxx, almost stock KitKat 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to kuz142 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eek88dj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142 View Post
I'm running a stock 4.2.2 Maxx from Verizon, which is essentially the same phone as the Ultra, and it works fine with my Straight Talk SIM, no modification required (no LTE though of course). Every 4G LTE phone Verizon sells now is actually required by law to be GSM unlocked, including for carriers in the US, and I know multiple reviewers online have confirmed it works on AT&T as well
Thank you so much!! You guys are the best!!

eek88dj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142 View Post
I went AT&T today bought pre pay $60 and nano Sim card it worked. Thank u so much...people u can use AT&T network on the Droid Ultra have 3G.....it great....Verizon try to tell me the phone wasn't unlocked but my buddy here told me it was it worked....XDA U ROCK!!!

lawlessd63
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Angry yes!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek88dj View Post
You can bring the ultra over, I am on my ultra now and on at&t H+ I had a little problem with MMS at first but its working now

switchkilla28
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlessd63 View Post
You can bring the ultra over, I am on my ultra now and on at&t H+ I had a little problem with MMS at first but its working now
So my droid ultra will work fine and have 4g with at&t if I SWAPO out the nano Sim behind the volume key?

mrwinkle
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchkilla28 View Post
So my droid ultra will work fine and have 4g with at&t if I SWAPO out the nano Sim behind the volume key?
yes indeed.

switchkilla28
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwinkle View Post
yes indeed.
Nice! Looks like I will be ordering the nano Sim. Thanks for the fast response