The install is a lot similar to how it was done in CM10.2 days, but you will need a new recovery image (and a new sdcard image for those doing initial install):
So, For Nook HD+: Initial ovation sdcard image (cwm) | ovation recovery image (CWM)
For Nook HD: hummingbird Initial sdcard image | hummingbird recovery image (CWM)
I did some light testing and things seems to be working for whatever light loads I came up with, but still there are probably tons of problems that I have not yet noticed. Please write in the comments about what's broken and I'll try to fix it. Once it's good enough, I'll try to get official nightlies going for CM11 as well, I guess.
Latest CM11 EMMC images are now available as CM11 nightlies at:
For Nook HD+ get ovation builds
For Nook HD get hummingbird builds
There also might be experimental builds available referenced below in the history section.
(Also for completeness, For Nook HD+ sdcard image cm-11-20141129-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-sdcard.zip, | initial sdcard image for ovation )
For new Installs:
- Download the initial sdcard image
- ungzip and write to sdcard using dd (winimage or whatever for those stuck on Windows)
- Instert the card into your nook and reboot
- Flash the recovery image
- Flash cm11 image
- Flash whatever other extra things you need like gapps
- remove the sdcard
- reboot the nook
For upgrades from CM10.x (the only tested are 10.2 and 10.1). If you have any problems after upgrade - you'll need to do factory reset to clear /data:
- Download recovery zip and CM11 install and place it on the nook
- Reboot into recovery you already have installed
- Flash the recovery zip you just downloaded
- reboot into recovery again (This is important! Failure to do this will botch your upgrade and you'll need to wipe /data) so that the new recovery is started.
- Install CM11, install other stuff you need like gapps
- attempting to reformat external sdcard from android crashes volume manager - seems to be upstream problem of some sort. The sdcard is left in some strange state, so don't do it. (if you did, reformat the sdcard on your PC, all data will be lost either way)
2014/11/297 - Bring sdcard build to current source version:
2014/08/17 - Bring sdcard build to current source version:
2014/01/18 - Fixed 1080p movie playback on Nook HD+:
2014/01/17 - Fixed headset mic issue
2014/01/15 - Switched to TI wpa supplicant, should fix a bunch of wifi-related issues
2014/01/09 - Fixed inability to write to sdcards.
2014/01/08 - Misc updates: autodetect sdcard format, not just vfat. fuzzy touch patch courtesy of D Marble, bt-pan services that reportedly fix bt tethering for some people.
2014/01/06 - Initial release