Post Reply

"Separate" volume control - music and ringtone

OP Bruce_X_Lee

18th October 2013, 11:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
This is not a true separation. The app merely re-adjust the system volume to predefined levels based on whether music is being played.
In case anyone wants such functionality. Here is the .xap file. Link should be fixed now.

A few screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20131019_0002.jpg
Views:	822
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	2334856   Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20131019_0004.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	2334857   Click image for larger version

Name:	wp_ss_20131019_0005.jpg
Views:	781
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	2334858  
Last edited by Bruce_X_Lee; 19th October 2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: fixed broken link
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruce_X_Lee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2013, 03:32 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,709
 
5,736 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Very cool! To save us the effort of decompiling the app, do you mind sharing the source code? Does the monitor service run constantly, or does it act like a normal background agent (30-minute checks)? Does it require any capabilities or have any restrictions beyond dev-unlock?

By the way, download appears to be broken.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2013, 08:15 AM   |  #3  
Budniu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 299
 
1,072 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Nice but where is the xap ? Link is wrong.
19th October 2013, 12:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Very cool! To save us the effort of decompiling the app, do you mind sharing the source code? Does the monitor service run constantly, or does it act like a normal background agent (30-minute checks)? Does it require any capabilities or have any restrictions beyond dev-unlock?

By the way, download appears to be broken.

As of now no background agent/monitoring. Only works if the app is used to play/stop music.

only dev unlock is required but I am using an library from another guy, whom I have not been able to contact yet.

I'll send you the source code in a minute. I'm sure you can make it better.
19th October 2013, 12:46 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budniu

Nice but where is the xap ? Link is wrong.

should be fixed now. http://sdrv.ms/1gpr6uZ
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce_X_Lee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2013, 01:07 PM   |  #6  
Budniu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 299
 
1,072 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Nice music player, but for me not useful (I use only the native player, and I thought that the app has more functionality). THX
19th October 2013, 01:51 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budniu

Nice music player, but for me not useful (I use only the native player, and I thought that the app has more functionality). THX

thanks for trying ��

the only thing it does is to put the system volume to a high level when you stop music playback so you won't miss a phone call because ringtone is not loud enough. Similarly it brings the volume down before playing music. I know some people want such functionality.

other than that it's just a soft volume slider and soft power button. And a shortcut to completely mute the phone.

I'll add some more functions such as picking a certain album/song.
12th February 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Share source code
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_X_Lee

As of now no background agent/monitoring. Only works if the app is used to play/stop music.

only dev unlock is required but I am using an library from another guy, whom I have not been able to contact yet.

I'll send you the source code in a minute. I'm sure you can make it better.

Hi guy, can you share for me the source code of this app.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Windows Phone 8 Apps and Games by ThreadRank