Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,262 Members 44,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Straight Talk on verizon note 2?

Tip us?

okoboji1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Straight Talk on verizon note 2?

Wondering if I can use this phone with straight talk? it is rooted and unlocked.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by okoboji1 View Post
Wondering if I can use this phone with straight talk? it is rooted and unlocked.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
I'm currently trying it out. I bought the AT&T compatible sim from their website, and got the APN settings directly from them. Everything seems to work ok.

Restola
Old
Thanks Meter 506
From what I have read you can get HSPA+ but not LTE when using the AT&T SIM on straight talk with the verizon note 2. Also in 4.3 there is no need to root to update the APN. Otherwise it works fine.

I was thinking about switching but after doing the math my verizon ETF eats all but $40 of the savings over the next 8 months until my contract ends. Will check it out again come September.

jcollier
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restola View Post
From what I have read you can get HSPA+ but not LTE when using the AT&T SIM on straight talk with the verizon note 2. Also in 4.3 there is no need to root to update the APN. Otherwise it works fine.
Correct. Our phones do have have the AT&T LTE bands. And actually being able to edit APN's was opened up on 4.1.2 without rooting but the thought is still correct.