Show Java has featured on XDA Portal !!
DO NOT USE THIS APPLICATION TO DO STUFF THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO.
THE DEVELOPER (Niranjan Rajendran) IS IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISUSE OF THIS APPLICATION.
This is basically a Java Decompiler that to extract the .java source code from an APK( Android application) and jar files. There are many such decompilers that run on a PC. But, I didn't find one that runs properly on a android phone. So, i thought of making one, and , here it is :D
- Runs directly on your android device
- Select jar/apk from sdcard (or) from a list of installed applications
- Easy to use
- Displays code in a clean-syntax-highlighted form
- Decompiles XML Files (layouts, Drawables, Menus, AndroidManifest)
- The decompiled source can easily be copied from the sdcard (source is stored in ShowJava folder in the sdcard)
- Simple source browser with a summary of all decompilation errors
- Each decompiled source file has commented references to classes that could not be decompiled
- Runs in the background
What's new in version 2.0.0 (Version Code: 20004)
The first major update after the app's initial release on January 7th 2014. The app's entire code has been re-written (from scratch in many places) to make sure the app performs well up to the user's expectations.
- Updated to Material Design
- Performance improvements
- Updated to CFR 0.102
- Will now decompile xml resources (including AndroidManifest.xml)
- Fixed all the crashes experienced by users of the previous version
- Cleaned up the source code. (As I said, I rewrote it :wink: )
- The project is now fully open-sourced :v:
Download (it's free)
Here you go ;) .
This will be an Open Sourced project. The source code is hosted at GitHub
Please read the License info before using any part of the code in any project.
- Does not work with system applications in most of the phones (especially one's that are not de-odexed)
- Slow on phones with single core processors
Reporting a Bug
Always please attach a logcat while reporting major bugs. You can report bugs via GitHub Issues system
Reasons for Permissions
- Internet - Automated bug reporting
- External Storage - To store the decompiled source code and to have a working directory for the application
Version 2.0.0 (Aug 22, 2015) =========================== >> Updated to Material Design >> Performance improvements >> Updated to CFR 0.102 >> Will now decompile xml resources (including AndroidManifest.xml) >> Fixed all the crashes experienced by users of the previous version >> Cleaned up the source code. (As I said, I rewrote it) >> The project is now fully open-sourced Version 1.9.1 (Dec 21, 2014) =========================== >> Crash Fix Version 1.9 (Dec 20, 2014) ========================== >> Improve topsort >> Fix bad chained goto removal. >> Remove references to labelled blocks if a labelled block break would end up in the same place as a natural scoped break. >> Reduce goto chain condensing in the presence of break statements. >> Handle duplicate field names Version 1.7/1.8 (Nov 7, 2014) ============================= >> Fixed crash on new installations >> Fixed crash on devices running on Android Runtime (ART) Version 1.6/1.5 (Nov 4, 2014) ============================= >> Improvements to SSA analysis >> Fix precedence issue on instanceof. >> improvement to handling some obfuscated switches which caused failure >> Minor Bug fixes Version 1.4 (Sep 29, 2014) ========================== >> Updated CFR to 0.87 >> Fix precedence issue on instanceof. >> Rewrite variable definitions >> Better guess for anonymous inner types. >> Improvements to implicit cast checking. >> Handle empty switches better >> Fix bug which could cause some switch-on-enum statements not to be resugared. >> And more decompiler improvements Version Code: 3 ( 10-Feb-2014) ============================== >> Urgent Bug Correction (Please Update !) with dex optimisation Version Code: 2 ( 09-Feb-2014) ============================== >> Corrected force closes on certain devices >> Increased decompile speed by 3x times by skipping common libraries (like support library, actionbarsherlock etc) >> Added Option to Pick an apk/jar from sdcard (also associated apk/jar with Show Java for ease-of-use) >> Added history of decompiled applications >> A New, Clean and Minimal Progress Indicator >> UI Updated to a modern look Version Code: 1 ( 07-Jan-2014) ============================== >> Initial Release
- A Big-Huge Thanks to Lee Benfield (email@example.com) for his awesome CFR - Class File Reader :D :D
- Panxiaobo (firstname.lastname@example.org) for dex2jar :)
- jesusfreke (email@example.com) and bgruv (firstname.lastname@example.org) for smali/baksmali/dexlib2
Show Java - A Java Decompiler for Android , App for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/niranjan94/show-java
Current Stable Version: 2.0.0
Stable Release Date: 2015-08-22
Last Updated 2015-08-22