Show Java has featured on XDA Portal !!
DO NOT USE THIS APPLICATION TO DO STUFF THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO.
THE DEVELOPER (Niranjan Rajendran) IS IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISUSE OF THIS APPLICATION.
This is basically a Java Decompiler that 'trys' to extract the .java source code from an APK( Android application) and jar files. There are many such decompilers that run on a PC. But, I didn't find one that runs properly on a android phone. So, i thought of making one, and , here it is :D
- Runs directly on your android device
- Select jar/apk from sdcard (or) from a list of installed applications
- Easy to use
- Displays code in a clean-syntax-highlighted form
- The decompiled source can easily be copied from the sdcard (source is stored in ShowJava folder in the sdcard)
- Simple source browser with a summary of all decompilation errors
- Each decompiled source file has commented references to classes that could not be decompiled
- And more to come ...
What's new in version 1.8 (Version Code: 2)
Huge Additions and Bug-Busting !
- Fixed crash on new installations
- Fixed crash on devices running on Android Runtime (ART)
- Improvements to SSA analysis
- Fix precedence issue on instanceof.
- improvement to handling some obfuscated switches which caused failure
- Minor Bug fixes
- Updated CFR to 0.89
- Fix precedence issue on instanceof.
- Rewrite variable definitions
- Better guess for anonymous inner types.
- Improvements to implicit cast checking.
- Handle empty switches better
- Fix bug which could cause some switch-on-enum statements not to be resugared.
- And more decompiler improvements
Download (it's free)
Check HQ screenshots here.
This will be an Open Sourced project. Put I have some more work to do. And once that's done, I'll release the source code for everyone to benefit from.
- Does not work with system applications in most of the phones (especially one's that are not de-odexed)
- Miscellaneous errors here and there...
Reporting a Bug
Always please attach a logcat while reporting major bugs. You can report bugs via XDA's DevDB Bug Reporting option (or) send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reasons for Permissions
- Internet - Automated bug reporting
- External Storage - To store the decompiled source code and to have a working directory for the application
Version 1.7/1.8 =========== >> Fixed crash on new installations >> Fixed crash on devices running on Android Runtime (ART) Version 1.6/1.5 =========== >> Improvements to SSA analysis >> Fix precedence issue on instanceof. >> improvement to handling some obfuscated switches which caused failure >> Minor Bug fixes Version 1.4 ======== >> Updated CFR to 0.87 >> Fix precedence issue on instanceof. >> Rewrite variable definitions >> Better guess for anonymous inner types. >> Improvements to implicit cast checking. >> Handle empty switches better >> Fix bug which could cause some switch-on-enum statements not to be resugared. >> And more decompiler improvements Version Code: 3 ( 10-Feb-2014) ============================== >> Urgent Bug Correction (Please Update !) with dex optimisation Version Code: 2 ( 09-Feb-2014) ============================== >> Corrected force closes on certain devices >> Increased decompile speed by 3x times by skipping common libraries (like support library, actionbarsherlock etc) >> Added Option to Pick an apk/jar from sdcard (also associated apk/jar with Show Java for ease-of-use) >> Added history of decompiled applications >> A New, Clean and Minimal Progress Indicator >> UI Updated to a modern look Version Code: 1 ( 07-Jan-2014) ============================== >> Initial Release
- A Big-Huge Thanks to Lee Benfield (email@example.com) for his awesome CFR - Class File Reader :D :D
- Panxiaobo (firstname.lastname@example.org) for dex2jar :)
- jesusfreke (email@example.com) and bgruv (firstname.lastname@example.org) for smali/baksmali/dexlib2
Show Java - A Java Decompiler for Android , App for all devices (see above for details)
Current Beta Version: 1.8
Beta Release Date: 2014-02-08
Last Updated 2014-11-07