[Q] Viper4Android not working

Search This thread

jasminthoria

Oct 22, 2011
London
Hello XDA members, I have installed recent version of Viper4android on my Xperia ultra, which has recent firmware.290 rooted with stock ROM and unlocked bootloader, I know all settings of vipre4android and been using on my HTC phones since long time with great result.
But with Xperia ultra I tried all things many times installed and removed viper to try different drivers and settings but no result no any changes in music at all, I tried default Walkman, and tried win-amp, Apollo, Power-Amp with no success, all time the driver status shows me not processing and no change in sound effects, I tried to installed all drivers with no luck.
Is there any one using Viper4android? and is it working on our Ultra?
Is there anything specific settings we need to use?

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Hello XDA members, I have installed recent version of Viper4android on my Xperia ultra, which has recent firmware.290 rooted with stock ROM and unlocked bootloader, I know all settings of vipre4android and been using on my HTC phones since long time with great result.
But with Xperia ultra I tried all things many times installed and removed viper to try different drivers and settings but no result no any changes in music at all, I tried default Walkman, and tried win-amp, Apollo, Power-Amp with no success, all time the driver status shows me not processing and no change in sound effects, I tried to installed all drivers with no luck.
Is there any one using Viper4android? and is it working on our Ultra?
Is there anything specific settings we need to use?

Stupid question but are you using the version for 4.3?

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Last edited:

Kotomirage

Nov 7, 2013
Did you change anything means any settings or applied any other mod?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk 2

Nope, had everything stock. Just had root access, installed viper, and then installed the viper driver. C6833 too.

Make sure you do tick the box at the top (Master control or something) for each output section (headphone/bluetooth/speaker) to actually turn on viper though. That got me the first time and I thought it wasn't working.

jasminthoria

Oct 22, 2011
London
Nope, had everything stock. Just had root access, installed viper, and then installed the viper driver. C6833 too.

Make sure you do tick the box at the top (Master control or something) for each output section (headphone/bluetooth/speaker) to actually turn on viper though. That got me the first time and I thought it wasn't working.

Which driver you installed?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk 2

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Just wondering if you guys have unlocked bootloaders? Guess so if you're rooted on 290... There are a few media apps that require drm with locked bootloader on xperia devices, wonder if that could be contributing factor? Someone with more knowhow may be able to dismiss this instantly :p

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

neverborn

Aug 9, 2010
I got it to work on 4.3 (290) :)

1. FX version v2.3.1.1 (Android 2.3~4.3). Let it install, reboot
2. FX Compatible Mode: Compatible
3. Go to Settings > Sound > Music Effects > Viper4android
4. From Poweramp, Settings > Audio > Advanced Tweaks
-Uncheck Direct Volume Control
-Check MusicFX
5. From PowerAmp Tone control, switch on MusicFX. Then press and hold the same button, so that it takes you to the V4A settings screen.

V4A will take effect then.
Hope this helps!

neverborn

Aug 9, 2010
Well i started on the most recent version and couldn't get it to work so i moved down the list..

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

jasminthoria

Oct 22, 2011
London

-Check MusicFX
5. From PowerAmp Tone control, switch on MusicFX. Then press and hold the same button, so that it takes you to the V4A settings screen.

Hope this helps!

Tried this thing still no luck. even tried viper4android as system application still not working.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

neverborn

Aug 9, 2010
Go back to poweramp, tone, and then press and hold on the musicfx button again with media playing. That worked for me.

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah

-Check MusicFX

Hope this helps!

Worked for me. Just need to find a way to make it work for other apps but this is good!

Sent from the Mighty Xperia Z Ultra using XDA Premium HD app.

neverborn

Aug 9, 2010
Try changing compatibility mode, the "normal" option should theoretically work for all apps

cameljockey1

Aug 4, 2011
Arlington
For me it worked just fine. It doesn't work for the whole phone like YouTube and other things. Only for music apps after changing the sound settings to viper. Found that the Sony one works better in my opinion. Viper worked amazing on note 2.

Sent from my C6806 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-Check MusicFX

Hope this helps!