CM11 Bluetooth Problems

Search This thread

Ad1982

Jan 2, 2011
Curious if anyone would have any insight...

I hadn't used bluetooth too much, but I occasionally used it with my Pioneer car stereo. I know that CM10.1 had some issues with bluetooth, so I figured that was the reason it worked intermittently. I purchased a different car stereo, and couldn't get my Epic to pair with it. Basically it would see the car stereo, start to pair, let me enter the passkey, then bluetooth would turn off, then back on and it will keep doing this. So...I wiped everything and installed CM11, which I thought (and heard) would have much better bluetooth. But I'm having the same exact problem. At first it was saying that my passkey was wrong as it would turn off, or I might get a bluetooth process force closing, but it always ends up turning bluetooth off, then back on again as it tries to pair. I also tried pairing it with a bluetooth HMDX speaker, and the same exact thing happens. Just wondering if anyone might have a few tips on what to check out instead of going back to stock.

jeffreytj

Dec 20, 2010
Curious if anyone would have any insight...

I hadn't used bluetooth too much, but I occasionally used it with my Pioneer car stereo. I know that CM10.1 had some issues with bluetooth, so I figured that was the reason it worked intermittently. I purchased a different car stereo, and couldn't get my Epic to pair with it. Basically it would see the car stereo, start to pair, let me enter the passkey, then bluetooth would turn off, then back on and it will keep doing this. So...I wiped everything and installed CM11, which I thought (and heard) would have much better bluetooth. But I'm having the same exact problem. At first it was saying that my passkey was wrong as it would turn off, or I might get a bluetooth process force closing, but it always ends up turning bluetooth off, then back on again as it tries to pair. I also tried pairing it with a bluetooth HMDX speaker, and the same exact thing happens. Just wondering if anyone might have a few tips on what to check out instead of going back to stock.

I too have been having a very similar problem with with my plantronics headset, and Panasonic Bluetooth cordless phone. My Nexus 4 will continue to disconnect and reconnect, have tried to pairing the devices again with no luck. tried a few nightlies of late with no luck yet.

undergrad

Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
I too have been having a very similar problem with with my plantronics headset, and Panasonic Bluetooth cordless phone. My Nexus 4 will continue to disconnect and reconnect, have tried to pairing the devices again with no luck. tried a few nightlies of late with no luck yet.

I have a 2014 Mazda CX-5 and a Samsung S3 and I'm having the same issue.
The odds part is that I have no problem connecting and staying connected to my pebble smart watch.