[ROM][SGH-I577][Galaxy Exhilarate][UNOFFICIAL] Evervolv [4.4] | AOSP | [KK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
iblmPxgwhFvRrN.jpg

For those that don't know what Evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

If you would like to contribute to Evervolv, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Current version: 4.0 (Based off 4.4.x KitKat)

~~SCREENS COMING SOON~~

Obvious bugs:
SPEAKERPHONE
Video-camera has blurry preview and a 3 second delay before recording starts, but it starts nonetheless.
Camera scanner apps don't function yet (ie. Bank,Walgreens,QR)

*FIXED ALREADY*New bug to be fixed..
Apps2SD
(xda and the similar cannot install to sd by default, Use TAPATALK or the likes until it gets sorted out)
{believed to be an selinux issue, actively being fixed}

Bug Reporting:
Please provide the following info:
If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.

In the Toolbox you will find all the necessary debugging tools. *Settings -> Toolbox -> Debug
1. Select the debugging you desire (last_kmsg, radio, dmesg, or logcat).
2. Press "Fetch Logs"
3. Press "Upload Logs"
4. Post the link generated to our Bug Tracker along with a description of the bug.

*INSTALL*

~~MUST BE ON A 4.4 RECOVERY~~

Rom Link:
http://d-h.st/jNV

Gapps Link:
Core: http://d-h.st/9PV
Standard: http://d-h.st/yeS

~WORK IN PROGRESS~
STAY TUNED​

Last edited:

malikfaraj96

Apr 12, 2013
Ypsilanti, MI
I've pretty much stayed on cm my whole android life so I'm not sure about other ROMs, but I wanted to know whether this one has a update feature like cm or does it require rewipe, reflash, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

^not real words lol

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
I've pretty much stayed on cm my whole android life so I'm not sure about other ROMs, but I wanted to know whether this one has a update feature like cm or does it require rewipe, reflash, etc.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

^not real words lol

Rewipe,Flash...And the evervolv updater in the rom will not function as this is not official..I know its a pain, but...Atleast do a backup, If ya dont like it ya can roll back..

Last edited:
Reactions: belarsamen

ktempleton

Oct 3, 2012
Lebanon
Good job ink running it right now ill let you know how it goes

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013

Thanks man... Im working on a purity build right now as well as getting the install to sd bug here worked on.. It inly affects a few apps(XDA)...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

Reactions: belarsamen

ktempleton

Oct 3, 2012
Lebanon
Right the only thing I've found that isn't working is the swipe typing but that's probably the gapps..I've been waiting for a ROM to hold me over while i get du working thanks again

Reactions: InkSlinger420

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
Right the only thing I've found that isn't working is the swipe typing but that's probably the gapps..I've been waiting for a ROM to hold me over while i get du working thanks again

Yeah...
Most likely gapps.. Im using flesky keyboard anyways ;) glad ya like it.. This purity rom is a hell of a project.. Almost ready to test though..

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013

@ktempleton ..my slimkat build is REALLY solid as well..just a heads up..(and it doesn't have the SD bug)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using xda app-developers app

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
I know its been awhile...but...

I have a new Evervolv build coming tonight..SD bug fixed..(incase anyone wants to play with it..).. :good:

Reactions: Nitro1max1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    iblmPxgwhFvRrN.jpg

For those that don't know what Evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

If you would like to contribute to Evervolv, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Current version: 4.0 (Based off 4.4.x KitKat)

~~SCREENS COMING SOON~~

Obvious bugs:
    SPEAKERPHONE
    Video-camera has blurry preview and a 3 second delay before recording starts, but it starts nonetheless.
    Camera scanner apps don't function yet (ie. Bank,Walgreens,QR)

*FIXED ALREADY*New bug to be fixed..
    Apps2SD
    (xda and the similar cannot install to sd by default, Use TAPATALK or the likes until it gets sorted out)
    {believed to be an selinux issue, actively being fixed}

Bug Reporting:
    Please provide the following info:
    If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.

In the Toolbox you will find all the necessary debugging tools. *Settings -> Toolbox -> Debug
    1. Select the debugging you desire (last_kmsg, radio, dmesg, or logcat).
    2. Press "Fetch Logs"
    3. Press "Upload Logs"
    4. Post the link generated to our Bug Tracker along with a description of the bug.

*INSTALL*

~~MUST BE ON A 4.4 RECOVERY~~

Rom Link:
    http://d-h.st/jNV

Gapps Link:
    Core: http://d-h.st/9PV
    Standard: http://d-h.st/yeS

~WORK IN PROGRESS~
    STAY TUNED​
    Lol its cool thanks for the rom. In your opinion is it smoother than cm?

It takes a little while to settle in, And after I fix the apps2sd issue, It will be butter...Plays REAL well with xposed as well..
    Screens
    y8e2ubah.jpg

evabyqug.jpg

useby4a5.jpg

**Modded with Xposed Framework**
    3ydujuba.jpg

^not real words lol

Rewipe,Flash...And the evervolv updater in the rom will not function as this is not official..I know its a pain, but...Atleast do a backup, If ya dont like it ya can roll back..

Thanks man... Im working on a purity build right now as well as getting the install to sd bug here worked on.. It inly affects a few apps(XDA)...lol