Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 39,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[recovery][p7300/p7310] twrp 2.7.1.0

Tip us?
 
DemonGloom
Old
(Last edited by DemonGloom; 21st July 2014 at 02:50 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 391
Join Date: Jan 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [recovery][p7300/p7310] twrp 2.7.1.0

Only for P7300/P7310. Not compatible with LTE tablets!

So, quick and dirty instructions for users WITHOUT any form of CWM or TWRP recovery on their device:

1) Download recovery.tar.md5 for your device
2) Reboot the tab into download mode
3) Fire up Odin 1.85 and put the recovery.tar.md5 in the PDA field.
4) Flash!
5) Reboot into TWRP

Quick and dirty instructions for users WITH some form of CWM or TWRP recovery on their device:

1) Download twrp_p5.zip or twrp_p5wifi.zip to your device
2) Reboot the tab into recovery
3) Install the zip
5) Reboot

Screenshot:
 



Odin images:
P7300: http://demongloom.dyndns.info:81/mis...covery.tar.md5 Mirror: http://d-h.st/sC3
P7310: http://demongloom.dyndns.info:81/mis...covery.tar.md5 Mirror: http://d-h.st/vb7

ZIP to install from CWM or old TWRP:
P7300: http://demongloom.dyndns.info:81/mis...wrp2710_p5.zip Mirror: http://d-h.st/Pjt
P7310: http://demongloom.dyndns.info:81/mis...710_p5wifi.zip Mirror: http://d-h.st/VI8

Old versions:


Thanks to C-o-M for his kernel source, TeamWin for TWRP, alterbridge86 for his installation instruction and omarainea for mirrors.
The God is real, unless declared as integer
Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 + Samsung Galaxy Tab P7300
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DemonGloom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
OmarEinea
Old
#2  
OmarEinea's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1648
Posts: 1,005
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Saudi Arabia, Dhahran
Thank you for sharing this, it's awesome and working like a charm

but it is so hard to download from this website, even though usually I don't face any problems in downloading from where I am,
I tried to use proxies but couldn't reach the files, the only way to get them was by creating a mirror by Dev-Host using upload by URL

I think it will be hard for others to download it, so can I share the Dev-Host mirrors here ??

thank you again for your work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OmarEinea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DemonGloom
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 391
Join Date: Jan 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarainea View Post
Thank you for sharing this, it's awesome and working like a charm

but it is so hard to download from this website, even though usually I don't face any problems in downloading from where I am,
I tried to use proxies but couldn't reach the files, the only way to get them was by creating a mirror by Dev-Host using upload by URL

I think it will be hard for others to download it, so can I share the Dev-Host mirrors here ??

thank you again for your work
Yes, any mirrors are welcome. I'll add them to OP.
The God is real, unless declared as integer
Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 + Samsung Galaxy Tab P7300
The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGloom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
OmarEinea
Old
#4  
OmarEinea's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1648
Posts: 1,005
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Saudi Arabia, Dhahran
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonGloom View Post
Yes, any mirrors are welcome. I'll add them to OP.
Ok then, here are the mirrors:

Odin images:
P7300: http://d-h.st/Xj4
P7310: http://d-h.st/TYY

ZIP to install from CWM or old TWRP:
P7300: http://d-h.st/kPK
P7310: http://d-h.st/zyW
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OmarEinea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jolinnard
Old
#5  
jolinnard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 740
Posts: 525
Join Date: Sep 2009
First of all, thanks for our work.
Just a quick question: any particular reason to build v2.6.3.0 and not the lastest 2.6.3.3? I have installed 2.6.3.3 in my N4 and it works fine.
My contributions:/* IIf you want to donate, please do to their own developers. */
The Following User Says Thank You to jolinnard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DemonGloom
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 391
Join Date: Jan 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolinnard View Post
First of all, thanks for our work.
Just a quick question: any particular reason to build v2.6.3.0 and not the lastest 2.6.3.3? I have installed 2.6.3.3 in my N4 and it works fine.
2.6.3.3 does not exist Latest source says 2.6.3.0. There were a few updates without version change, so device maintainers bump version on their own.
The God is real, unless declared as integer
Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 + Samsung Galaxy Tab P7300
The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGloom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zooster
Old
#7  
zooster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 1,645
Join Date: Oct 2007
Thank you demongloom. Is this twrp safe and tested (flashing/wiping/restoring) ? I wouldn't end up bricking the tab as happened to kaltkaffe with early versions of cwm 6.x...

HTC Sensation Z710e- ViperS 3.1.4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 - StockRom V8

 
DemonGloom
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 391
Join Date: Jan 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooster View Post
Thank you demongloom. Is this twrp safe and tested (flashing/wiping/restoring) ? I wouldn't end up bricking the tab as happened to kaltkaffe with early versions of cwm 6.x...
I use that version for about three months. Works great, no problems. I've used 2.4 version for much longer time. TWRP got patches for mmc brick bug long time ago.
The God is real, unless declared as integer
Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 + Samsung Galaxy Tab P7300
The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGloom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zooster
Old
#9  
zooster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 1,645
Join Date: Oct 2007
Just tried, but I've noticed 2 things:
1) if I go in restore it doesn't show up my backup that is located in clockworkmod folder
2) I don't find the option to choose backup mode, incremental or tar

HTC Sensation Z710e- ViperS 3.1.4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7310 - StockRom V8

 
DemonGloom
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 391
Join Date: Jan 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooster View Post
Just tried, but I've noticed 2 things:
1) if I go in restore it doesn't show up my backup that is located in clockworkmod folder
2) I don't find the option to choose backup mode, incremental or tar
TWRP uses its own backup locations/formats. No incremental backup support in TWRP, sorry.
The God is real, unless declared as integer
Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 + Samsung Galaxy Tab P7300

The Following User Says Thank You to DemonGloom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
p7300, p7310, twrp
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes