After soldering new antenna pins, wifi doesnt connect

Search This thread

munnibhai

Nov 14, 2012
Gujranwala
hello guys,
finally posting here after serious searching for days as some htc one s models have this wifi issue of weak signals or not connecting at all.

1. I have HTC One S S4 model.
2. Wifi used to connect only to WPA routers within a radius of 5 meters from router. Any router away frmo 5 meters wouldnt be captured by phone.
3. Tried different tweaks on antenna but nothing, checked through the wifi power option in advanced settings too.
4. upgraded official ROM, nothing happened.
5. Finally took the phone apart and changed the wifi antenna pins, resoldered new ones.
6. On these new pis, used the tweak (putting a U shaped wire touching antenna pins and cover)
7. Now, most of the times, it has full signal strength, but just stays on "Establishing Connection" and leaves.

My phone is bootloader unlocked, rooted with HBoot 2.15 and TWRP recovery installed.
The BT and 3G works perfect and fast

Android 4.1.1
HTC Sense 4
Software Versio 3.16.75
Kernel 3.4x
Baseband 1.12.50
Compilation 3.16.75

Please suggest me something... i am starting to have enough of this phone......

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-09-15-03-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-09-15-03-37.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,975
Last edited:

dave1970

Dec 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Did you try flashing another Radio ?

I have taken my phone apart a few times I'm not sure what you soldered but I hope you used a low heat when you did it.
I would also take another peek inside and make sure some solder did not go somewhere it shouldn't have gone.

munnibhai

Nov 14, 2012
Gujranwala
Thanks for the replies guys. I changed the phone with a customer who is almost every time on the move so don't use WiFi usually, I told him the issue and changed with his.

Let me get my hands on his HTC when he is back in town AMS I will try the suggested methods....

Previous information guys... Thx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app