Comparision of bluetooth GPS units
I don't really need
but I thought it might be kinda interesting to get a cheap'n'cheerful unit and then probably the basic Microsoft streetmaps package for a bit of fun. I don't want to spend a lot, but obviously I would still like it to work! I've narrowed it down to one of two GPS units, and I wonder if anyone here has any comments on them?
(£39.99 plus VAT from http://www.inter-activeinformation.c...products_id=31
(£39.95 inc VAT from http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/8590.htm
* They both have USB and in-car cigarette-lighter style chargers, which will allow me charge my MDA Vario in the car too, so that's useful.
* The 8590 uses the same Li-ion battery as my old Nokia phone, so that could give me an extra charged battery to keep in the car.
* The 8590 also has a USB port, as well as the Bluetooth connection, so I could connect it directly into my laptop if I wanted to - although I do have a bluetooth dongle for the laptop anyway, so that's not really a major factor.
* The BT-77 has 16 channels while the 8590 only has 12 - how much of a factor to consider is that?
* The BT-77 appears to have slightly better battery life, according to the comments I've seen.
* The BT-77 is a bit more expensive and has a two-week delivery wait at the moment (not critical, no real urgency).
So - does anyone have any experience with either of these units and might care to comment on which would be best, or anything else for me to bear in mind?
Andre (very new to this whole GPS lark!)