Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 46,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kingo Android Root, Safe or Not ??

Tip us?

sdey.dey
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Info 2 Kingo Android Root, Safe or Not ??

Is Kingo Android Root application SAFE ?

Many people are scratching their heads thinking whether Kingo's application is safe or not
So this thread is made for everyone who is in a dilemma about the applications usage, Ban and removal of ban from XDA's thread and rooting their phones with the kingo app without any hassle (NOOBS GUIDE FOR ROOTING).
So, I contacted kingo for support and information and they came up with a very satisfactory explanation about their application which has been attached below.
Moreover, some people are still concerned about the ban and thread that was closed by XDA, for their information the thread was opened and this application was declared as SAFE to use.
Final verdict from my side is, every one who is afraid of flashing kernels for rooting (like auto-root) and the people who are concerned with KNOX warranty (MOST PEOPLE did not trip their knox warranty) should use this simple root & unroot tool to get the administrative privileges on their device.
Enjoy rooting
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Clarifications from Kingosoft .pdf - [Click for QR Code] (197.6 KB, 2075 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sdey.dey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidkitkat14
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default not a good experience for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdey.dey View Post

Is Kingo Android Root application SAFE ?

Many people are scratching their heads thinking whether Kingo's application is safe or not
So this thread is made for everyone who is in a dilemma about the applications usage, Ban and removal of ban from XDA's thread and rooting their phones with the kingo app without any hassle (NOOBS GUIDE FOR ROOTING).
So, I contacted kingo for support and information and they came up with a very satisfactory explanation about their application which has been attached below.
Moreover, some people are still concerned about the ban and thread that was closed by XDA, for their information the thread was opened and this application was declared as SAFE to use.
Final verdict from my side is, every one who is afraid of flashing kernels for rooting (like auto-root) and the people who are concerned with KNOX warranty (MOST PEOPLE did not trip their knox warranty) should use this simple root & unroot tool to get the administrative privileges on their device.
Enjoy rooting
I did Follow all steps, everything was going good up until my note 3 reboot and reboot over and over, when kingo said successfully rooted, it didn't work that way, instead to my surprise, when finally hard reset it, came to find out that it tripped knox, and have my warranty voided, this is my personal experience and wanted to share with you all.
The Following User Says Thank You to androidkitkat14 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
I would always prefer using a computer to gain root access instead of theses on the fly tools. It worked for me everytime without messing up anYthing. Better getting some knowledge before changing any system components

Gesendet von meinem One S mit Tapatalk
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Angjinhang
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Well Kingo Root helped me to root my SGA+ whereas others failed, including Odin. Didn't have any problems until now, and the only advice I can say is just use the computer to do the rooting work. I never believed that on the fly rooting is working on any branded phone.

altgraubart
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angjinhang View Post
Well Kingo Root helped me to root my SGA+ whereas others failed, including Odin. Didn't have any problems until now, and the only advice I can say is just use the computer to do the rooting work. I never believed that on the fly rooting is working on any branded phone.
Well, Kingo was the only tool that managed to root my phone.
After putting my hands on 20 or 30 devices, this was the toughest rooting.
(Alps - GT-i9502)
Now, if I were an employee of General Dynamics or Boeing, I might be a little cautious given how the way the tool looks up the method;
basically, anything could be happening under the covers and it could happen on a case-by-case basis.
But since I'm pretty uninteresting from an industrial espionage perspective, I'd say it was worth it.

hidayatwahyu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
perhaps i wanna try to root my phone with this tool

heroaa16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
it's better to use recovery mode and flash your su zip than rooting within root app. for me rooting with app is like doing a surgery while the patient still awake :v

paranoid365
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Hey guys, I'm totally confused here. so what method do we use for the LG G Pro 10p??
Are we suppose to use root apps, or not??
Also @heroaa16 what method do you use??

YiNiX
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidayatwahyu View Post
perhaps i wanna try to root my phone with this tool
This.

da Aryan Code
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My phone never got rooted by it. I have Xperia Z and whenever I try to root it, it says Root Failed - NeedRoot. However, I tried rooting my phone with every rooting application on web and it didn't work. Even my expert friend couldn't do it.

Tags
kingo, rooting