Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more
Post Reply

i9505G - CWM 6.0.4.4 vs TWRP 2.6.3.0

OP mrmartin86

9th January 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #1  
mrmartin86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 37
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Hello,

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition (i9505G) and went through all the steps of rooting, unlocking, and flashing CM11. I noticed that when I tried installing CWM 6.0.4.4 on it, it would work to let me install CM11, but then somehow still reboot into stock recovery: (I made a thread here before I found a solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603469).

I just recently installed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and found it to work without the issues I was having with CWM 6.0.4.4, although both are supposed to work fine. Is this a known problem or has anyone else found the same thing?

This isn't really a question (hence not in the Q&A) as I find it to be a development question for CWM in case I'm the first to have this findings with the recent CWM and recent 4.2.2 Android builds.
9th January 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #2  
wilbarger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lake Tawakoni, Texas
Thanks Meter: 95
 
336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmartin86

Hello,

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition (i9505G) and went through all the steps of rooting, unlocking, and flashing CM11. I noticed that when I tried installing CWM 6.0.4.4 on it, it would work to let me install CM11, but then somehow still reboot into stock recovery: (I made a thread here before I found a solution: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2603469).

I just recently installed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and found it to work without the issues I was having with CWM 6.0.4.4, although both are supposed to work fine. Is this a known problem or has anyone else found the same thing?

This isn't really a question (hence not in the Q&A) as I find it to be a development question for CWM in case I'm the first to have this findings with the recent CWM and recent 4.2.2 Android builds.

I use CWM 6.0.4.4 on my i9505G as I prefer it to TWRP. I have run both at different times with no issues except TWRP will sometimes lock on the splash screen.
11th January 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #3  
mrmartin86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 37
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbarger

I use CWM 6.0.4.4 on my i9505G as I prefer it to TWRP. I have run both at different times with no issues except TWRP will sometimes lock on the splash screen.

Did you use the i9505 version of CWM 6.0.4.4?
11th January 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #4  
wilbarger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lake Tawakoni, Texas
Thanks Meter: 95
 
336 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmartin86

Did you use the i9505 version of CWM 6.0.4.4?

Yes, the version for jfltexx. I flashed it through ODIN and never had any problems with it. Are you using ODIN to flash your recoveries?
12th January 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #5  
mrmartin86's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 37
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbarger

Yes, the version for jfltexx. I flashed it through ODIN and never had any problems with it. Are you using ODIN to flash your recoveries?

Sometimes. I think I found the problem. I was using ROM Manager to flash the recovery, which seems to write the recovery somewhere else, because then I get stuck in a CWM bootloop when I would hit Restart-->Recovery. That is how I was getting stock recovery and CWM, because I just replicated the problem and had TWRP and CWM, then touch CWM and CWM. I don't know if it it writing it in a temporary fashion, but it is annoying. I'm going to just fix it by just using the ODIN versions and being done with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank