Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,204 Members 45,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I overclock my phone?

Tip us?

AbdulTheInsane
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How do I overclock my phone?

Hello people! I just succeded with rooting my LG Optimus 4X HD And the reason I did that was to increase the performance on my phone, but I couldn't find any good apps for that. I want suggestions about apps that can overclock EVERY CORE and not just a single one, please respond as soon as possible

kessaras
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulTheInsane View Post
Hello people! I just succeded with rooting my LG Optimus 4X HD And the reason I did that was to increase the performance on my phone, but I couldn't find any good apps for that. I want suggestions about apps that can overclock EVERY CORE and not just a single one, please respond as soon as possible
have u done any overclocking in your whole life ? ...
you cant overclock from settings only one core. to overclock only one core u have to do a surgery to the cpu chip........
u cant overlock if the kernel does not support it. stock rom limit is 1500

LG Optimus x4 HD
-OmniRom
-iodak v8.5 kernel
HTC One M8
-Stock
Laptop Operating system
-Ubuntu 13.10 x64
Desktop Operating system
-Mac OSX Mavericks
The Following User Says Thank You to kessaras For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AbdulTheInsane
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessaras View Post
have u done any overclocking in your whole life ? ...
you cant overclock from settings only one core. to overclock only one core u have to do a surgery to the cpu chip........
u cant overlock if the kernel does not support it. stock rom limit is 1500
Dude I just rooted my phone like 2 days ago so don't excpect me to be a pro at these stuff xD (I am a noob) But you didn't really answer my question tho :s

black@pirate
Old
Thanks Meter 200
First,You need to install a kernel that supports overclocking, and after that you can use app like trickstermod or tegra overclock. But i would strongly suggest you to read more about rom,kernel,recovery etc. before asking such questions.

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
MY WORK
LiquidSmooth KitKat on 4xHD? >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2631676
XenonHD KitKat on 4xHD? >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639397

kessaras
Old
(Last edited by kessaras; 23rd November 2013 at 04:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Dude I just rooted my phone like 2 days ago so don't excpect me to be a pro at these stuff xD (I am a noob) But you didn't really answer my question tho :s
the phone doesnt have to do anything with the procedure u can overclock anything. from just a coffee machine to a kitchen , from a pc to a phone !! if a cpu has more than one core, u cant just overclock only one of them. I answered i told u the limit of the stock rom and kernel is 1500. u cant overclock. u must have a custom kernel that can support overclocking.
that means u need to unlock bootloader and flash at least a custom kernel if not a whole rom.

<<EDIT>> and just for the knowledge ! take for example samsung s3. it has a lower cpu frequency but the phone is little faster than our optimus. overclocking isnt only about rising the frequency. u can also overclock by slightly giving more voltage and faster correspondence. u have to read a lot to understand how it works. for example a mistake can make u have a slow 1700 cpu but a fast 1200 cpu. read read read read

LG Optimus x4 HD
-OmniRom
-iodak v8.5 kernel
HTC One M8
-Stock
Laptop Operating system
-Ubuntu 13.10 x64
Desktop Operating system
-Mac OSX Mavericks

AbdulTheInsane
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessaras View Post
the phone doesnt have to do anything with the procedure u can overclock anything. from just a coffee machine to a kitchen , from a pc to a phone !! if a cpu has more than one core, u cant just overclock only one of them. I answered i told u the limit of the stock rom and kernel is 1500. u cant overclock. u must have a custom kernel that can support overclocking.
that means u need to unlock bootloader and flash at least a custom kernel if not a whole rom.

<<EDIT>> and just for the knowledge ! take for example samsung s3. it has a lower cpu frequency but the phone is little faster than our optimus. overclocking isnt only about rising the frequency. u can also overclock by slightly giving more voltage and faster correspondence. u have to read a lot to understand how it works. for example a mistake can make u have a slow 1700 cpu but a fast 1200 cpu. read read read read
I get it now, but I think I asked the question in a wrong way so let me tell you again how I was ACTUALLY thinking. What I want is to enable EVERY single core and make them have 1.5 GHz speed. How can I do that?

black@pirate
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
I get it now, but I think I asked the question in a wrong way so let me tell you again how I was ACTUALLY thinking. What I want is to enable EVERY single core and make them have 1.5 GHz speed. How can I do that?
Buy tegra overclock from playstore.

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
MY WORK
LiquidSmooth KitKat on 4xHD? >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2631676
XenonHD KitKat on 4xHD? >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639397

Flying_Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 766
Quote:
set governor to performance, set cpuquiet to userspace. you need trickstermod app & custom kernel in order to tune this.
To install custom roms on O4x:

1. upgrade to jb
2. root
3. unlock bootloader
4. flash custom recovery (cwm)
5. flash roms
6. if you encounter any issues, search, they've been answered already.

Got issues with RIL/IMEI/BASEBAND on custom 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs on p880? Click me for possible solution!

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,553
Quote:
And watch your battery drain in under an hour.

Sent from the darkest corners of my mind
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimonTS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1,636
What have you been doing to actually have a point that you have thought a quad core 1.5ghz phone needs overclocking?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Ben36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]