Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How do I overclock my phone?

OP AbdulTheInsane

23rd November 2013, 02:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello people! I just succeded with rooting my LG Optimus 4X HD And the reason I did that was to increase the performance on my phone, but I couldn't find any good apps for that. I want suggestions about apps that can overclock EVERY CORE and not just a single one, please respond as soon as possible
23rd November 2013, 06:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 52

309 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulTheInsane

Hello people! I just succeded with rooting my LG Optimus 4X HD And the reason I did that was to increase the performance on my phone, but I couldn't find any good apps for that. I want suggestions about apps that can overclock EVERY CORE and not just a single one, please respond as soon as possible

have u done any overclocking in your whole life ? ...
you cant overclock from settings only one core. to overclock only one core u have to do a surgery to the cpu chip........
u cant overlock if the kernel does not support it. stock rom limit is 1500
The Following User Says Thank You to kessaras For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2013, 05:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessaras

have u done any overclocking in your whole life ? ...
you cant overclock from settings only one core. to overclock only one core u have to do a surgery to the cpu chip........
u cant overlock if the kernel does not support it. stock rom limit is 1500

Dude I just rooted my phone like 2 days ago so don't excpect me to be a pro at these stuff xD (I am a noob) But you didn't really answer my question tho :s
23rd November 2013, 05:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 200

337 posts
First,You need to install a kernel that supports overclocking, and after that you can use app like trickstermod or tegra overclock. But i would strongly suggest you to read more about rom,kernel,recovery etc. before asking such questions.

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd November 2013, 05:38 PM   |  #5  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 52

309 posts
More
Quote:

Dude I just rooted my phone like 2 days ago so don't excpect me to be a pro at these stuff xD (I am a noob) But you didn't really answer my question tho :s

the phone doesnt have to do anything with the procedure u can overclock anything. from just a coffee machine to a kitchen , from a pc to a phone !! if a cpu has more than one core, u cant just overclock only one of them. I answered i told u the limit of the stock rom and kernel is 1500. u cant overclock. u must have a custom kernel that can support overclocking.
that means u need to unlock bootloader and flash at least a custom kernel if not a whole rom.

<<EDIT>> and just for the knowledge ! take for example samsung s3. it has a lower cpu frequency but the phone is little faster than our optimus. overclocking isnt only about rising the frequency. u can also overclock by slightly giving more voltage and faster correspondence. u have to read a lot to understand how it works. for example a mistake can make u have a slow 1700 cpu but a fast 1200 cpu. read read read read
Last edited by kessaras; 23rd November 2013 at 05:44 PM.
23rd November 2013, 06:35 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessaras

the phone doesnt have to do anything with the procedure u can overclock anything. from just a coffee machine to a kitchen , from a pc to a phone !! if a cpu has more than one core, u cant just overclock only one of them. I answered i told u the limit of the stock rom and kernel is 1500. u cant overclock. u must have a custom kernel that can support overclocking.
that means u need to unlock bootloader and flash at least a custom kernel if not a whole rom.

<<EDIT>> and just for the knowledge ! take for example samsung s3. it has a lower cpu frequency but the phone is little faster than our optimus. overclocking isnt only about rising the frequency. u can also overclock by slightly giving more voltage and faster correspondence. u have to read a lot to understand how it works. for example a mistake can make u have a slow 1700 cpu but a fast 1200 cpu. read read read read

I get it now, but I think I asked the question in a wrong way so let me tell you again how I was ACTUALLY thinking. What I want is to enable EVERY single core and make them have 1.5 GHz speed. How can I do that?
23rd November 2013, 06:45 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 200

337 posts
Quote:

I get it now, but I think I asked the question in a wrong way so let me tell you again how I was ACTUALLY thinking. What I want is to enable EVERY single core and make them have 1.5 GHz speed. How can I do that?

Buy tegra overclock from playstore.

Sent from my Optimus 4X HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd November 2013, 06:50 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 787

1,825 posts
Quote:

set governor to performance, set cpuquiet to userspace. you need trickstermod app & custom kernel in order to tune this.
23rd November 2013, 06:53 PM   |  #9  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 1,560

4,020 posts
More
Quote:

And watch your battery drain in under an hour.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimonTS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd November 2013, 07:52 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2,054

6,733 posts
What have you been doing to actually have a point that you have thought a quad core 1.5ghz phone needs overclocking?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Ben36 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread