Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root and Warranty?

Tip us?

mierkat09
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default Root and Warranty?

I got the phone sometime last month, but just this morning my phone broke...in my pocket. I was wondering, since my phone is rooted and runs a custom rom, does this affect physical warranty? Because I wouldn't mind if just my screen was broken, but the touch isn't working as well. I have the tmo D801 model, but I don't have insurance.

kimtyson
Old
Thanks Meter 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by mierkat09 View Post
I got the phone sometime last month, but just this morning my phone broke...in my pocket. I was wondering, since my phone is rooted and runs a custom rom, does this affect physical warranty? Because I wouldn't mind if just my screen was broken, but the touch isn't working as well. I have the tmo D801 model, but I don't have insurance.
I think you are screwed. Warranty is voided if you flashed a custom ROM. However, since your screen is damaged that does not matter. Physical damage to the phone is not covered by warranty at all.
Please use search before posting your question.
Be kind to the devs! Without them, XDA is just a bunch of jerks bickering.

Xenovias
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mierkat09 View Post
Just flash stock rom
As long as status at download mode or LG RCT is unroot, you are save