[Q] Urgent************A116 operates on its own

Tip us?

chouna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Urgent************A116 operates on its own

Hi All,
I have A116, which behaving bit weird. 6 months back, while on charging, it started operating on its own, when I removed it from charging, it stopped. While on charging with that particular charger, issue was there. I changed the charger, everything was OK. Recently, on a ugly morning, I answered a call at 5 am and around 6 am I tried to make a call and found that screen is absolutely irresponsive. Sometime later it unlocked on its own, started operating on its own, like opening any random app or web or anything and does some random operation. Tried to power reset the phone half a dozen time no go, removed both SIM and memory card. still the same. This has completely wiped out my phone data (phone book, all SMS, photo, mp3's video's), factory reset in other words (on its own). I was told its battery issue, changed that too. no go. . This is happening not always, it happens for a while and then behaves normal and after 5 minutes old story repeats.
The best part it had wiped out avast anti-virus too....

Any one heard of this..? Any solution without going to service center..?

thanks,
Narendra

rajneeshk
Old
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chouna View Post
Hi All,
I have A116, which behaving bit weird. 6 months back, while on charging, it started operating on its own, when I removed it from charging, it stopped. While on charging with that particular charger, issue was there. I changed the charger, everything was OK. Recently, on a ugly morning, I answered a call at 5 am and around 6 am I tried to make a call and found that screen is absolutely irresponsive. Sometime later it unlocked on its own, started operating on its own, like opening any random app or web or anything and does some random operation. Tried to power reset the phone half a dozen time no go, removed both SIM and memory card. still the same. This has completely wiped out my phone data (phone book, all SMS, photo, mp3's video's), factory reset in other words (on its own). I was told its battery issue, changed that too. no go. . This is happening not always, it happens for a while and then behaves normal and after 5 minutes old story repeats.

thanks,
Narendra
Try with flashing stock rom again.

Sent from my Micromax P650 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Press Thanks if I have helped you in any way. You can donate to me as well if you like my work.

My work : Oppo R819 Stock Android for Micromax CHD

The Following User Says Thank You to rajneeshk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Prince Chandela
Old
(Last edited by Prince Chandela; 15th January 2014 at 08:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Hi All,

thanks,
Narendra
Thats a big problem i think you have installed some malicious app with root permission or this is the problem with your TP. I think there might have been a problem while your TP would have been updated.

Solution:-

1. Go to micromax service center and tell them ur problem.
2. Try to flash stock rom again with sp flash tools.
3. If you are already on 4.1 than update to 4.2 else do vice versa.

Important:-TP means Touch Panel

My solution will definately help you
Press THANKS If i helped you or If you would like too
The Following User Says Thank You to Prince Chandela For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chouna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeshk View Post
Try with flashing stock rom again.

Sent from my Micromax P650 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hi Rakesh, let me try to do this. This is first ever i am trying to do.. hopefully this will fix the issue.

chouna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by princechandela View Post
Thats a big problem i think you have installed some malicious app with root permission or this is the problem with your TP. I think there might have been a problem while your TP would have been updated.

Solution:-

1. Go to micromax service center and tell them ur problem.
2. Try to flash stock rom again with sp flash tools.
3. If you are already on 4.1 than update to 4.2 else do vice versa.

Important:-TP means Touch Panel

My solution will definately help you
HI, i just hated to go to their service center. so checking any option. will try to flash the rom..in-between by screen is broken as well.
Can i upgrade the OS too..? please advise.

salaigeethan666
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
HI, i just hated to go to their service center. so checking any option. will try to flash the rom..in-between by screen is broken as well.
Can i upgrade the OS too..? please advise.
the problem you are reporting is common in most canvas phones with older firmware. update the firmware

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

it's easy. check this out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292971

use factory reset to flash the new firmware. (you can root and install recovery if you want)

The Following User Says Thank You to salaigeethan666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BhatiaPulkit
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I faced a similar problem some time back.
I visited the service center in Azadpur(or nearby Azadpur Metro station, do not remember the exact address) and they fixed it in 30 minutes of wait time. Try visiting their service center..I had stock ROM back then though..!!

praveenganesan
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up High Voltage

when u get high voltage in your supply....

it happens like this.......

no need to flash again......

salaigeethan666
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenganesan View Post
when u get high voltage in your supply....

it happens like this.......

no need to flash again......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhatiaPulkit View Post
I faced a similar problem some time back.
I visited the service center in Azadpur(or nearby Azadpur Metro station, do not remember the exact address) and they fixed it in 30 minutes of wait time. Try visiting their service center..I had stock ROM back then though..!!
you got the same old stock firmware alright. but it's the newer one. Micromax has updated their stock rom many times since android 4.1

v1 - Android 4.1.2 Initial version. Lots of bugs. You could install Flipboard app and see the entire device bricked.

v2 - Android 4.1.2 Update. Flipboard bug fixed. Yet there was another issue, which caused the touch pad to malfunction while charging. other bugs include the app storage issue. you can't install apps in external sd card and storage space was very small.

v3 - Android 4.2.1. TouchPad issue was fixed. Apps can be installed on external sd card. OTA firmware update support was added but it doesn't work.

v4 - Android 4.2.1 Update - New Camera App. OTA issue was never fixed.

v5 - the newest firmware from micromax which was launched with Micromax A116i. No bugs so far.

Micromax service center must have updated your firmware to Android 4.2.1. version 3

sp1312
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Ur problem was because of charging...
Voltage problem not a software problem...
Use ur own charger without any extension or any external supply...
U will not face any issue like this...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app