XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Whatsapp and whatsapp+ resolution problem

Tip us?

rupro327
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Whatsapp and whatsapp+ resolution problem

Has someone here the same problem like me? Every time if I open whatsapp/+ the resolution changes. Also if I change between chats, it gets every time smaller and smaller. It looks like it goes on tablet mode. If I delete my ram and start whatsapp again, it gets normal but than after a close or a switch of the chats, it gets again smaller. This Problem is on whatsapp+ now. On Stock whatsapp I haven't this problem, but there is also a resolution problem. like if I press menu button, the menu window is only on the half the other part is gone. I will post some screens tomorrow. Let me know if you have the same experience like me.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

husen4u
Old
Thanks Meter 1258

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupro327 View Post
Has someone here the same problem like me? Every time if I open whatsapp/+ the resolution changes. Also if I change between chats, it gets every time smaller and smaller. It looks like it goes on tablet mode. If I delete my ram and start whatsapp again, it gets normal but than after a close or a switch of the chats, it gets again smaller. This Problem is on whatsapp+ now. On Stock whatsapp I haven't this problem, but there is also a resolution problem. like if I press menu button, the menu window is only on the half the other part is gone. I will post some screens tomorrow. Let me know if you have the same experience like me.

Try changing whatsapp+ theme. If problem still exist try factory reset.

Huawei Ascend P6.
►[ROM][OMNI KK][P6-U06][▲HYD52ROM▼][SUPERFAST ▌▌Stable][V3 26-03-14]◄

Dont Forget To PRESS THANKS Button

If you like my work, please consider to buy me a cup of coffee !

rupro327
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I've already done factory reset a couple days ago. Also I've tried a lot of themes but the problem is still there. -.-

klincharov
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Try installing xposed framework and then installing the AppSettings module, or it was called something similar. There you can set specific pixel density/resolution for Whatsapp. That way I fixed similar problems with Flipboard on my chinese tab.

Good luck!
Huawei Ascend P6 - B125
Ainol Novo 7 Venus - firomi 4.2.2 - Vivante GC1000+ sucks
The Following User Says Thank You to klincharov For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RaxToTheMax
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, i recently updated to 4.4.2. KK (I went pristine as well) but when I reinstalled WhatsApp it looked different AND I can't send mp3 files anymore! Any idea on why?

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

rupro327
Old
(Last edited by rupro327; 19th January 2014 at 02:30 PM.) Reason: Grammar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by klincharov View Post
Try installing xposed framework and then installing the AppSettings module, or it was called something similar. There you can set specific pixel density/resolution for Whatsapp. That way I fixed similar problems with Flipboard on my chinese tab.

Good luck!
Thx man! That fixed the half problem. It's much better now. If I change the screen (dp), the resolution jumping is still there. Only if I change the DPI, the resolution stay fixed. The DPI on the Ascend P6 is 312, if change it to 312, its all to small (very small) and the background wallpaper does no match. I've changed now to 349 DPI, this looks perfekt for me.

The first picture is with the Appsettings mod, the DPI is 349. You can see, the menu is lost in the edge.

The second picture is stock whatsapp+ with a theme. The last picture is also stock whatsapp+ with a theme, but here I've changed the chat after I made the second screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-19-15-00-43.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	2525882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-15-22-46-33.png
Views:	53
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	2525883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-15-22-47-29.jpg
Views:	53