OP Ben Ling

29th October 2013, 01:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 7,811

4,145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello Guys,I would like to ask that am i able to root the Nexus 7 3G With Android v4.3 JWR66Y Locked Bootloader?
I don't want to unlock the bootloader,only want to root.

Actually i want to restore app data from other device that was rooted,i tried Helium Carbon app,but can't restore it on unrooted device because its file were from rooted device.
Or is there any app that can backup app's data without root ?

Thanks.
Last edited by Ben Ling; 29th October 2013 at 01:28 PM.
29th October 2013, 03:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 369

636 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling

Hello Guys,I would like to ask that am i able to root the Nexus 7 3G With Android v4.3 JWR66Y Locked Bootloader?
I don't want to unlock the bootloader,only want to root.

Actually i want to restore app data from other device that was rooted,i tried Helium Carbon app,but can't restore it on unrooted device because its file were from rooted device.
Or is there any app that can backup app's data without root ?

Thanks.

Not possible with Jellybean 4.3, I'm afraid.

Hi, Ben Ling...

There used to be a way of rooting the Nexus 7 whilst running Jellybean 4.2.2, without unlocking the bootloader... called the motochopper 'exploit' . But sadly, that method now no longer works under Jellybean 4.3... something to do with the security enhancements of JB 4.3.

I know of no method of rooting the Nexus 7 (whilst running Jellybean 4.3), without unlocking the bootloader first... as rooting typically involves fastboot flashing a Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) first... and you can't run fastboot commands with a locked bootloader (other than fastboot oem unlock).

The app I use for backing up apps and user data is Titanium...which you're probably already aware of... and of course, it requires root. Although I've never tried other backup apps, I suspect that root is going to a be necessary prerequisite if you want to backup and restore apps and their associated data.

Sorry I couldn't suggest anything helpful.

Rgrds,
Ged.
Last edited by GedBlake; 29th October 2013 at 04:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GedBlake For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2013, 06:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur

4,145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by GedBlake

Hi, Ben Ling...

There used to be a way of rooting the Nexus 7 whilst running Jellybean 4.2.2, without unlocking the bootloader... called the motochopper 'exploit' . But sadly, that method now no longer works under Jellybean 4.3... something to do with the security enhancements of JB 4.3.

I know of no method of rooting the Nexus 7 (whilst running Jellybean 4.3), without unlocking the bootloader first... as rooting typically involves fastboot flashing a Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) first... and you can't run fastboot commands with a locked bootloader (other than fastboot oem unlock).

The app I use for backing up apps and user data is Titanium...which you're probably already aware of... and of course, it requires root. Although I've never tried other backup apps, I suspect that root is going to a be necessary prerequisite if you want to backup and restore apps and their associated data.

Rgrds,
Ged.

Anyway,thanks.

And i found a solution to root my Nexus 7 without unlocking bootloader.
14th November 2013, 03:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag 上海
Thanks Meter: 6

82 posts
Quote:

Anyway,thanks.

And i found a solution to root my Nexus 7 without unlocking bootloader.

Which is???

I'll need the same solution. tnx
14th November 2013, 03:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur

4,145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by dsa88

Which is???

I'll need the same solution. tnx

i use vroot
14th November 2013, 05:57 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

115 posts
Quote:

i use vroot

What is vroot?
14th November 2013, 06:20 PM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur

4,145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by frischeis

What is vroot?

http://www.mgyun.com/vroot
13th January 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #8  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur

4,145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Originally Posted by GedBlake

Hi, Ben Ling...

Rgrds,
Ged.

Hi there,for now,is there any solution for this ?

And how about rooting on 4.4.2 KitKat without unlocking bootloader?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread