5,593,587 Members 38,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel][Loki][8-9-13]Modded Stock Kernel installation for LG VS930 4g Spectrum 2

Tip us?

bullriders
Old
(Last edited by bullriders; 13th September 2013 at 04:31 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Default [Kernel][Loki][8-9-13]Modded Stock Kernel installation for LG VS930 4g Spectrum 2

*** TESTED ON VS93021B by Bullriders ***
*** TESTED ON VS93022A BY
Evilmonstertruck ***

*** COMPATIBILITY WITH NEW VS93022B UNKNOWN ***

I have tested all if this on my Vs930 and all works flawlessly.

** I in no way accept responsibility for bricked devices. I did not create this mod or instructions. I am simply sharing knowledge that was brought to my attention by another XDA user**

** many thanks to mtmichaelson and djrbliss over at Droidforums**

†***************************************†
FOLLOW THE GUIDE BELOW TO ROOT YOUR SPECTRUM 2
Disclaimer: Follow this guide at your own risk.
Credit: djrbliss

****************PURPOSE * * * * * * * * *

REMOVE the boot security that makes device get stuck on Boot when any of the Google or Verizon apps are deleted after rooting, specially VIDEO.APK.

After this, you can delete anything you want to slim down the CPU load and Ram usage.

I have deleted most of Verizon stuff I did jot want, that pesky Slacker app and all unnecessary Google apps. Device boots up every time.

REQUIREMENTS:
Enable USB debugging in your phone's settings, >Settings >Developer Options >OK >USB debugging.
USB Connectivity set to internet connection, >Settings >Programs >Connectivity >USB Connection Type >internet Connection, doesn't work, try >Media Sync
Download >"LG Spectrum 2 USB drivers" for your pc http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36242-spe...0#entry1130560

Always do a backup before rooting, Link >How to Backup & Restore
STEPS TO ROOTING YOUR LG SPECTRUM 2:
Download and "unzip" this file to your desktop >motochopper.zip http://199.91.152.99/8seu98y1cvug/qa...otochopper.zip

Make sure to have debugging enabled ">Settings >Developer options, tap "OK" check the box >USB debugging, then tap "Yes"
Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable
Go to ">Settings >PC connection >USB connection type >Internet connection >Ethernet"
Run the script for your OS ("run.bat" for Windows XP/Vista/7, or "./run.sh" for Linux)
Enjoy!

---CWM JB 4.1.2 only---
http://www.mediafire.com/download/25...jbrecovery.apk

FLASHING CWM RECOVERY:
1.Place the Recovery Installer APK file onto your Desktop.
2.Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3.Copy the APK file over to the root of your SD card.
4.Once the file’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
5.On your device, head to Menu>Settings>Security and enable the Unknown sources option.
6.Open the File Manager app on your device and install the APK you copied earlier to your device.
7.Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
8.Hit 2nd-init recovery button in the app and it’ll start flashing the recovery.
9.Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
You’re all done!

[Kernel][Loki][8-9-13]Broken Out Modded Stock Kernel

Hello all! Here it is Broken Out Modded Kernel for the LG Spectrum 2!!! A big huge thank you needs to be given to djrbliss for finding and creating a workaround for the locked bootloader!!! Now we finally have control of OUR devices!!!!!

What is this?
This is the stock kernel that has been modified using Loki (created by djrbliss) to bypass the boot loader. It has also been modified to not throw the security error when removing the videos.apk.

Changelog
v 1.0
Lokified
Enabled full root

Removed and modified files that send security error

How do I install this?
1.) Download the .zip
2.) Place zip on sdcard
3.) Reboot into 2nd Init Recovery
4.) Back up
5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
6.) Select BrokenOutModdedKernel.zip
7.) Reboot!

Technical Info

This replaces your boot.img which includes the kernel. It has been modified to bypass the locked boot loader. Djrbliss created Loki to do this. I have patched the stock boot.img using Loki and have modified the files that send the security error. This does void your warranty. I did not make you install it. I did not brick your phone. I am not responsible for any mistakes that you have made.

Downloads

V1.0 http://d-h.st/sDW

Special Thanks!!!
djrbliss for finding a way around the bootloader
Donations

Link to original post http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lg-...ck-kernel.html

Sent from my VS930 4G using xda app-developers app

Android v4.1.2
Build JZ054K
Software Version VS93021B

Retired-Cracked LCD
Android Phones List
HTC DREAMCM6.1 Android 2.2.1 Froyo - CRACKED SCREEN
SAMSUNG SGH-T959V- November 2011 - TRADED IN, BAD USB/POWER ADATER
LG Intuition VS-950 - HAD FOR 4 DAYS, NOT POCKET FRIENDLY
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bullriders For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PandaPropaganda
Old
(Last edited by PandaPropaganda; 27th August 2013 at 08:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Hopefully if this gets some attention we can get a ROM for this device...
  • Current: LG Spectrum 2 VS930
  • Previous: Sony Xperia Play r800x
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PandaPropaganda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Evilmonstertruck
Old
Thanks Meter 136
holy schnikes.. This is great. I was just about to give up my unlimited data because I thought this phone would go by the wayside. Im so excited.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullriders View Post
I have tested all if this on my Vs930 and all works flawlessly.

** I in no way accept responsibility for bricked devices. I did not create this mod or instructions. I am simply sharing knowledge that was brought to my attention by another XDA user**

** many thanks to mtmichaelson and djrbliss over at Droidforums**

FOLLOW THE GUIDE BELOW TO ROOT YOUR SPECTRUM 2
Disclaimer: Follow this guide at your own risk.
Credit: djrbliss

****************PURPOSE * * * * * * * * *

REMOVE the boot security that makes device get stuck on Boot when any of the Google or Verizon apps are deleted after rooting, specially VIDEO.APK.

After this, you can delete anything you want to slim down the CPU load and Ram usage.

I have deleted most of Verizon stuff I did jot want, that pesky Slacker app and all unnecessary Google apps. Device boots up every time.

REQUIREMENTS:
Enable USB debugging in your phone's settings, >Settings >Developer Options >OK >USB debugging.
USB Connectivity set to internet connection, >Settings >Programs >Connectivity >USB Connection Type >internet Connection, doesn't work, try >Media Sync
Download >"LG Spectrum 2 USB drivers" for your pc http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36242-spe...0#entry1130560

Always do a backup before rooting, Link >How to Backup & Restore
STEPS TO ROOTING YOUR LG SPECTRUM 2:
Download and "unzip" this file to your desktop >motochopper.zip http://199.91.152.99/8seu98y1cvug/qa...otochopper.zip

Make sure to have debugging enabled ">Settings >Developer options, tap "OK" check the box >USB debugging, then tap "Yes"
Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable
Go to ">Settings >PC connection >USB connection type >Internet connection >Ethernet"
Run the script for your OS ("run.bat" for Windows XP/Vista/7, or "./run.sh" for Linux)
Enjoy!

---CWM JB 4.1.2 only---
http://www.mediafire.com/download/25...jbrecovery.apk

FLASHING CWM RECOVERY:
1.Place the Recovery Installer APK file onto your Desktop.
2.Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3.Copy the APK file over to the root of your SD card.
4.Once the file’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
5.On your device, head to Menu>Settings>Security and enable the Unknown sources option.
6.Open the File Manager app on your device and install the APK you copied earlier to your device.
7.Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
8.Hit 2nd-init recovery button in the app and it’ll start flashing the recovery.
9.Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
You’re all done!

[Kernel][Loki][8-9-13]Broken Out Modded Stock Kernel

Hello all! Here it is Broken Out Modded Kernel for the LG Spectrum 2!!! A big huge thank you needs to be given to djrbliss for finding and creating a workaround for the locked bootloader!!! Now we finally have control of OUR devices!!!!!

What is this?
This is the stock kernel that has been modified using Loki (created by djrbliss) to bypass the boot loader. It has also been modified to not throw the security error when removing the videos.apk.

Changelog
v 1.0
Lokified
Enabled full root

Removed and modified files that send security error

How do I install this?
1.) Download the .zip
2.) Place zip on sdcard
3.) Reboot into 2nd Init Recovery
4.) Back up
5.) Go to install zip from sdcard
6.) Select BrokenOutModdedKernel.zip
7.) Reboot!

Technical Info

This replaces your boot.img which includes the kernel. It has been modified to bypass the locked boot loader. Djrbliss created Loki to do this. I have patched the stock boot.img using Loki and have modified the files that send the security error. This does void your warranty. I did not make you install it. I did not brick your phone. I am not responsible for any mistakes that you have made.

Downloads

V1.0 http://d-h.st/sDW

Special Thanks!!!
djrbliss for finding a way around the bootloader
Donations

Link to original post http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lg-...ck-kernel.html

Thank you for this. Really. I have been waiting for something for this phone for a long time. I cant wait to see what comes next
The Following User Says Thank You to Evilmonstertruck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bullriders
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Be careful updating to 22B. I don't know is this works on that version.

This method was tested on 21B.

Android v4.1.2
Build JZ054K

Retired-Cracked LCD
Android Phones List
The Following User Says Thank You to bullriders For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Evilmonstertruck
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullriders View Post
Be careful updating to 22B. I don't know is this works on that version.

This method was tested on 21B.

I have to double check but I believe I have 22b. And it worked perfectly yesterday.

I was so happy to get rid of all that crap that was on there. You saved me my unlimited data, and 199.00 for the G2. I wish I could afford to get the G2 out right so I can keep my unlimited but who the hell has 600 bucks to buy a phone.

Evilmonstertruck
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Its 21b. Sorry for the confusion. But i'm down for any testing. I have a work phone that i use %95 of the time.

asianflavor
Old
Thanks Meter 267

DONATE TO ME
I just posted at the Droid-forums about this. Been meaning to this since Loki was announced, but the wife rarely lets me touch her phone. So has anyone been able to get CM 10 to boot or even try to fix the Korean version?

Evilmonstertruck
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflavor View Post
I just posted at the Droid-forums about this. Been meaning to this since Loki was announced, but the wife rarely lets me touch her phone. So has anyone been able to get CM 10 to boot or even try to fix the Korean version?
I saw it on there but I haven't had the balls to try it. I should because this is my personal phone and I have a DNA as my work phone that I use 95% of the time. Is it still the screen flipping problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evilmonstertruck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asianflavor
Old
Thanks Meter 267

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmonstertruck View Post
I saw it on there but I haven't had the balls to try it. I should because this is my personal phone and I have a DNA as my work phone that I use 95% of the time. Is it still the screen flipping problem.
Sorry for the late reply, forgot to subscribe to this thread after I posted. Don't know if you checked out what I have to possibly correct the screen flipping issue. When I get the Note 3, I will get this phone back as a test device.

bullriders
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
It looks like VZW is finally pushing Update 22A.

After download phone will restart and apply update. The update fails showing somebkindbof "x0" error and phone restarts telling you that it failed.

This seems to be due to unlocked secure boot and rooted kernel.

I'm going to restore to OEM tomorrow, install update and then install this secure boot work around. But I assume that the update locks everything and might make it harder to do anything.

Android v4.1.2
Build JZ054K

Retired-Cracked LCD
Android Phones List