FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

[HELP] Firmware Updates

144 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I want to update my firmware, but fail. The update file is 0,83Mb. My current firnware is DXKK2, I want to update to the latest versions. What should i do? Please give me the easiest instructions. I will give you a thanks if you help me.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app
 
 
10th March 2014, 04:04 PM |#2  
TheFixItMan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,926
 
More
flash what ever firmware you like via odin

firmwares are on my firmware thread at the top of the 5360 dev section
10th March 2014, 04:15 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
Sure that u r in stock rom.
Go to Settings Then About Phone Then Software Updates click on update Then Downloads The File After Complete Update the phone will restart
10th March 2014, 04:42 PM |#4  
mrafi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadman0

Sure that u r in stock rom.
Go to Settings Then About Phone Then Software Updates click on update Then Downloads The File After Complete Update the phone will restart

Ya, but when the phone restart and then installing the new firmware it fail or unsuccessful only can 27%. Then the phone reboot, and after rebooting it says fail and try to install by kies.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app
10th March 2014, 04:44 PM |#5  
mrafi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

flash what ever firmware you like via odin

firmwares are on my firmware thread at the top of the 5360 dev section

I don't understand flash firmware via odin. Any other suggestions sir?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app
10th March 2014, 04:48 PM |#6  
TheFixItMan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,926
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrafi

I don't understand flash firmware via odin. Any other suggestions sir?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

if you dont understand best to search google for how to flash firmware via odin


in order to change firmwares on a samsung phone you use a tool called odin to flash the firmware onto your phone - that is the only way to change your firmware in this samsung phone if software update/kies update does not work
Last edited by TheFixItMan; 10th March 2014 at 04:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFixItMan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2014, 05:42 PM |#7  
mrafi's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626

if you dont understand best to search google for how to flash firmware via odin


in order to change firmwares on a samsung phone you use a tool called odin to flash the firmware onto your phone - that is the only way to change your firmware in this samsung phone if software update/kies update does not work

Wow thanks i understand now. That is so easy...


Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app
11th March 2014, 12:59 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrafi

Ya, but when the phone restart and then installing the new firmware it fail or unsuccessful only can 27%. Then the phone reboot, and after rebooting it says fail and try to install by kies.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

hey if you root and delete or modify something in the stock rom
firmware update will surely fail
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes