5,605,120 Members 36,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safe alternatives to Google.Play?

Tip us?

the lemming
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Safe alternatives to Google.Play?

Hello

I know that I must wear a condom while surfing the net and installing apps to keep safe but is Google.Play the only safe place to visit for Android Apps?

Or are there other good, and safe places to download free and paid for apps?

I only ask as an app I bought from the Android Market, which changed to Google.Play is no longer on the site. However the app can be found in a place called AndroidPit. I can't find any reviews of this site and I don't know if I can trust them with my credit card details.

ancilary
Old
Thanks Meter 14
google play is the safest and cant tell about other "unofficial" alternatives,
but to browse apps appbrain is good but when you want to download something it forwards you to google play.. there is some plugin for appbrain which enables web download but i never tried it cause i m happy with google play

SifJar
Old
Thanks Meter 240
1mobile.com is a decent site, you can download the vast majority of free apps. Doesn't have any paid apps though. If you're in the US, Amazon App Store is probably a reasonable alternative.

devilmj
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the lemming View Post
Hello

I know that I must wear a condom while surfing the net and installing apps to keep safe but is Google.Play the only safe place to visit for Android Apps?

I only ask as an app I bought from the Android Market, which changed to Google.Play is no longer on the site. However the app can be found in a place called AndroidPit. I can't find any reviews of this site and I don't know if I can trust them with my credit card details.
I do not recommend market alternative ,if you want to play safe applications.

Google Play at least when it is discovered malware is deleted (even remotely).

Alternative market of this assurance level do not have it ..

mistermentality
Old
Thanks Meter 245
Actually getjar.com is good, its how I get tapatalk free and its a reputable site so should be safe

Dave

( http://www.google.com/producer/editi...bigfatuniverse )

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk

ironia.
Old
(Last edited by ironia.; 14th June 2012 at 01:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancilary View Post
google play is the safest and cant tell about other "unofficial" alternatives,
but to browse apps appbrain is good but when you want to download something it forwards you to google play.. there is some plugin for appbrain which enables web download but i never tried it cause i m happy with google play
mmm safest...http://www.ghacks.net/2011/11/13/fre...roved-useless/

app brain fast web install plugin works flawlessly , and i think app brain is a good choice/alt,

sometimes smoother than goo play

I Am Marino
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 580

DONATE TO ME
Google Play is far and beyond the best and safest place to find apps, including apps up to date.
-iPhone 5S-
ROM-
Kernel-

Android 5.0 LSD, it's so good, it's like you're on a trip.
Make it happen Google.

Follow Me
http://twitter.com/DearDanno

arabian1982
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default how to download removed purchased apps

Quote:
Hello

if you still have the direct link to your paid app, there is a high chance it is still available in the market, even if the developer and google says other wise!

I had a similar situation for an app called pzizz which was apparently removed from the market due to changes in the company that makes it,

neither the new management nor google told me it still exists,

I managed to download it though by accessing the market from my pc and downloading it.

this could happen only if

you have the original link of the paid app ( you could not find the app by searching or browsing google play, you must have the original link)

you purchased the app before it is removed, if you didnt, the direct link for the app would not work, only if you purchased the app and signed in by the account in which the app was purchased you would be able to see the app

requesting to download the app from a computer, you cant do this directly from your phone and further when it is downloaded it will not be linked to the market

good luck

Martinoc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Why not Aptoide?

Quote:
Hello

I saw your post and I had to reply. I worked for Aptoide, which is an independent android marketplace and they do a screening to the apps (at least the ones in their "apps" repository) so that they're free of malware. They were thinking of launching paid apps soon, but for now you have a lot of free apps that are safe to download.

Try it, maybe you'll be surprised!
The Following User Says Thank You to Martinoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ARPwizard
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Default Re: Safe alternatives to Google.Play?

What about slideme?

Sent from my SGH-I777