Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,545 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Odd Issue With a Micro Sd

Tip us?

pwnerman
Old
(Last edited by pwnerman; 1st June 2012 at 08:34 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 466

DONATE TO ME
Default Odd Issue With a Micro Sd

Hey guys this is my last place to turn before I just go buy a new one but I want to see if anyone at all can help me.

I have a Sandisk 32 GB Class 4 Micro Sd. I bought it off a guy on the xda marketplace and it was in the factory packaging and took me a half hour to get out so I doubt it was fake unless people forge the packaging.

Well the other day I went to copy a file onto the card by mounting it to the computer. It copied just fine but when I unmounted the card and went onto the phone the file was no where to be found. This was off to me so I mounted the card again and it opened fine but there was no file. I then copied it again and it said it worked like it normally does. i unmounted then mounted right away and guess what the file didn't exist.

This is where it gets interesting.

I then mount the card again and select everything and delete it all. It says it works fine. I then disconnect the card then mount it again and guess what all the files are back. Like nothing happened. I then proceed to format in windows by right clicking and hitting format. It didnt do anything. I then go into recovery on the phone and try and format it. Nothing happens. I then connect the card directly to the computer with a micro to sd card adapter that is made by sandisk. It mounts to the computer fine. I then go into Easeus Partition Manager and click format. It finishes and comes up with an error saying There are some error occurred while writing partition chains on disk.

If anyone has any idea please help.

UPDATE: I have contacted Sandisk and they are going to send me a brand new card.
Current Devices
  • Samsung Skyrocket
  • Samsung Captivate
  • Nexus 7

Previous Devices

GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus, International HTC One X, Nokia N9, Acer Iconia Tab A501, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, HP Veer, HP Touchpad, Samsung GSII I-9100, Samsung Captivate Glide, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note I-717, Motorola Atrix 4G, GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus , Samsung Captivate, Samsung Focus, LG Quantum

IF I HELP HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

prasad12ka4
Old
Thanks Meter 821

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnerman View Post
Hey guys this is my last place to turn before I just go buy a new one but I want to see if anyone at all can help me.

I have a Sandisk 32 GB Class 4 Micro Sd. I bought it off a guy on the xda marketplace and it was in the factory packaging and took me a half hour to get out so I doubt it was fake unless people forge the packaging.

Well the other day I went to copy a file onto the card by mounting it to the computer. It copied just fine but when I unmounted the card and went onto the phone the file was no where to be found. This was off to me so I mounted the card again and it opened fine but there was no file. I then copied it again and it said it worked like it normally does. i unmounted then mounted right away and guess what the file didn't exist.

I then mount the card again and select everything and delete it all. It says it works fine. I then disconnect the card then mount it again and guess what all the files are back. Like nothing happened. I then proceed to format in windows by right clicking and hitting format. It didnt do anything. I then go into recovery on the phone and try and format it. Nothing happens. I then connect the card directly to the computer with a micro to sd card adapter that is made by sandisk. It mounts to the computer fine. I then go into Easeus Partition Manager and click format. It finishes and comes up with an error saying There are some error occurred while writing partition chains on disk.

Is the card detected by the mobile?
If yes, try to format it in the mobile itself with the format option.
Also check how much space it shows , before & after formatting.

YoursTruly98
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Try low level format

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium
♫ (WT19i) ♫
| ⓁⒾⓋⒺ ⓌⒾⓉⒽ ⓌⒶⓁⓀⓂⒶⓃ |
| ROOTED | CWM | BRAVIA ENGINE 2 | LOCKED BL | REAL ICS r5.1 |

Please, press the button, If I helped you in any way.

zenomega1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Could be a duff card but sometimes I have had this if the card has not been fully un mounted try waiting a couple more minutes before removing the card to give the system time to fully un mount it
Or it will not be written to.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

pwnerman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 466

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad12ka4 View Post
Is the card detected by the mobile?
If yes, try to format it in the mobile itself with the format option.
Also check how much space it shows , before & after formatting.
The card is detected by mobile and I've tried that also it doesn't work. I think I'm just gonna call this card dead. Its under warranty so does anyone know the best way to get a new card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Current Devices
  • Samsung Skyrocket
  • Samsung Captivate
  • Nexus 7

Previous Devices

GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus, International HTC One X, Nokia N9, Acer Iconia Tab A501, HTC HD2, iPhone 4, HP Veer, HP Touchpad, Samsung GSII I-9100, Samsung Captivate Glide, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note I-717, Motorola Atrix 4G, GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus , Samsung Captivate, Samsung Focus, LG Quantum

hengsheng120
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Did you press eject USB every time you pull the cable? Not doing it can corrupt your card
Current Phone:
HTC First

Others:
SGH-I9100G

HTC HD2 TMOUS
BlackLK 1.5.0.4-build-130412@kotokas
AOKP M5 ICS se+Dorimanx v6.9 HWA
cLK Dual Boot: Hyperdroid 6.0.1 SuperRAM

History: HD2 EU- Artemis WM6.5/AmericanAndroid SD> Typhoon CM7(MAGLDR)> Nexus HD2> Frankenstein Droid Lite 1.2~3(CLK)> CYMLXGO DHD> Typhoon CM7> Dorimanx 2.8~3.1> Exchanged | TMOUK - Dorimanx 3.1.2> Pdaimatejam/AmericanAndroid SD>MyMIUIv10+Dorimanx v6.3

pwnerman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 466

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hengsheng120 View Post
Did you press eject USB every time you pull the cable? Not doing it can corrupt your card
Sandisk said the card is broke so I'm sending it back for a new one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Current Devices
  • Samsung Skyrocket
  • Samsung Captivate
  • Nexus 7

Previous Devices

pwnerman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 466

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalukha2 View Post
Try it on some linux or mac pc
thank you but i dont have one and they are just going to replace it
Current Devices
  • Samsung Skyrocket
  • Samsung Captivate
  • Nexus 7

Previous Devices

devendra20able
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same Problem As You Had !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnerman View Post

UPDATE: I have contacted Sandisk and they are going to send me a brand new card.

Are you know its solution now ???

King Coon
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have no problems with a Samsung 32GB µSDcard