[Q] S4A keeps restarting

Search This thread

jason8612

Feb 7, 2007
So I had the S4A (international version) since Sept and everything was fine on it. But since a few days ago it keeps randomly rebooting. I will be taking some photos, and all of a sudden it just reboots. then it reboots again and again and again. After the Samsung logo and before the lock screen it will reboot. It doesn't load until I let it sit for a while or until I clear the cache.
I didn't download any new software, nor made any software changes. I did notice afterwards the battery would show 5% or 10% left when right before it rebooted the battery was like 70%

Its stock root XXUAMF5.

Any thoughts? I read somewhere that the battery can be the fault. I was thinking of doing a factory wipe and installing the newest firmware (is the newest XXUBMK3?)

Thanks

D

Deleted member 5657508

So I had the S4A (international version) since Sept and everything was fine on it. But since a few days ago it keeps randomly rebooting. I will be taking some photos, and all of a sudden it just reboots. then it reboots again and again and again. After the Samsung logo and before the lock screen it will reboot. It doesn't load until I let it sit for a while or until I clear the cache.
I didn't download any new software, nor made any software changes. I did notice afterwards the battery would show 5% or 10% left when right before it rebooted the battery was like 70%

Its stock root XXUAMF5.

Any thoughts? I read somewhere that the battery can be the fault. I was thinking of doing a factory wipe and installing the newest firmware (is the newest XXUBMK3?)

Thanks

Yes, the newest is XXUBMK3. A Wipe would be what I would do/recommend, though if it's a battery fault, you could try buying a new battery. I can't post links, but if you go to this thread: /showthread.php?t=2311200 then the first link is of interest. Personally, what I do is have two batteries as well as a charging pack. This way I don't risk damaging the MHL port on the device, which has happened on 3 previous devices.

Again, I'd just be flashing your chosen ROM again. Make sure to wipe all the cache's and system in recovery mode first.

Reactions: jason8612

jason8612

Feb 7, 2007
Yes, the newest is XXUBMK3. A Wipe would be what I would do/recommend, though if it's a battery fault, you could try buying a new battery. I can't post links, but if you go to this thread: /showthread.php?t=2311200 then the first link is of interest. Personally, what I do is have two batteries as well as a charging pack. This way I don't risk damaging the MHL port on the device, which has happened on 3 previous devices.

Again, I'd just be flashing your chosen ROM again. Make sure to wipe all the cache's and system in recovery mode first.

Thanks.
I'll do a nandroid backup and flash a new rom on it.
What's the proper way to flash a new rom and wiping out the phone? CWM erase/factory reset then ODIN flash the new rom?
Oh, and I'll replace the battery. Mine is bulging a bit. I can spin it on a flat surface (I don't think it should be able to do that)

D

Deleted member 5657508

Thanks.
I'll do a nandroid backup and flash a new rom on it.
What's the proper way to flash a new rom and wiping out the phone? CWM erase/factory reset then ODIN flash the new rom?
Oh, and I'll replace the battery. Mine is bulging a bit. I can spin it on a flat surface (I don't think it should be able to do that)

About the bulging - no, you shouldn't be able to, this would be covered under warranty if it came this way. Also, make sure you've pressed all the clips in properly, including the one under the flash, that could be causing the bulging.

As for the flashing, I believe you're meant to wipe the cache, dalvik cache and then factory reset then Odin flash the new ROM.

jason8612

Feb 7, 2007
About the bulging - no, you shouldn't be able to, this would be covered under warranty if it came this way. Also, make sure you've pressed all the clips in properly, including the one under the flash, that could be causing the bulging.

As for the flashing, I believe you're meant to wipe the cache, dalvik cache and then factory reset then Odin flash the new ROM.

Thanks. Ill do that later today.
The back case isnt bulging but the battery is. It looks like it has a small hump in the middle of it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5657508

Its stock root XXUAMF5.

Thanks