Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [SOLVED] My Samsung galaxy s2 just got bricked, & now its between life and death

Tip us?

sulav_rock
Old
(Last edited by sulav_rock; 24th November 2013 at 05:02 PM.) Reason: Question was solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] [SOLVED] My Samsung galaxy s2 just got bricked, & now its between life and death

Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE

Model name: SHV-E110S
No Custom Binary Download
Current binary is Samsung Official
Jelly bean 4.1.2 (90% sure)

Froze while using it and upon reboot froze at boot screen where the logo of "T" keeps rotating.

Firstly, being myself a complete Noob when it come to stuffs like Custom Roms, firmware, kernel etc got the phone in worse condition.

Upon reading few forums here, tried using Odion3 v 1.85 and tried fixing it following some ideas from these forums:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1457458

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2016984

Reckoning that the mobile must have been soft bricked, tried using recovery package which failed as shown below:
http://oi39.tinypic.com/678nls.jpg

Then committed second mistake by using "PIT" file selecting Re Partition. After that on turning on the mobile, instead of BIOS, came "Odion Mode" where additional logo of "Update appears" The failed pic using PIT is shown below:
http://oi40.tinypic.com/14ihn5h.jpg

So, is there any hope for the phone or it's gone? It doesnt gets detected on kies but is detected on odion. I closed the kies in processes in taskmngr too.

So, please tell me what should i download now?
So, please help me everyone. I need all of your guidance.
I wont use that software without any knowledge.
Please tell me the steps to be taken by me now. I badly need that phone. There's no warranty now, so i dont want to go to customer care center.

And is there any way in which none of the files get deleted inside it. It's internal system memory is 2 GB. And USB memory is 12 gb. No SD card inside it.

Thank you!

gohel.vishal
Old
(Last edited by gohel.vishal; 22nd November 2013 at 04:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 164
Location: /universe/galaxy/Solar System/Earth/Asia/India/Gujarat/Rajkot

DONATE TO ME
Default best of luck

go here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=495

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device:Galaxy S Duos(GT-S7562) ,Xolo Q1010
ROM :CyanogenMod 11
Know Your Galaxy S Duos : http://cmforsduos.blogspot.com

sulav_rock
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohel.vishal View Post
I'm so sorry man, but i didnt understand anything from that forum. I mean the forum hasnt provided kernel for the SHV-E110S. I'm a noob. I'm so sorry

davidcsv
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulav_rock View Post
Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE

Model name: SHV-E110S
No Custom Binary Download
Current binary is Samsung Official
Jelly bean 4.1.2 (90% sure)

Froze while using it and upon reboot froze at boot screen where the logo of "T" keeps rotating.

Firstly, being myself a complete Noob when it come to stuffs like Custom Roms, firmware, kernel etc got the phone in worse condition.

Upon reading few forums here, tried using Odion3 v 1.85 and tried fixing it following some ideas from these forums:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1457458

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2016984

Reckoning that the mobile must have been soft bricked, tried using recovery package which failed as shown below:
http://oi39.tinypic.com/678nls.jpg

Then committed second mistake by using "PIT" file selecting Re Partition. After that on turning on the mobile, instead of BIOS, came "Odion Mode" where additional logo of "Update appears" The failed pic using PIT is shown below:
http://oi40.tinypic.com/14ihn5h.jpg

So, is there any hope for the phone or it's gone? It doesnt gets detected on kies but is detected on odion. I closed the kies in processes in taskmngr too.

So, please tell me what should i download now?
So, please help me everyone. I need all of your guidance.
I wont use that software without any knowledge.
Please tell me the steps to be taken by me now. I badly need that phone. There's no warranty now, so i dont want to go to customer care center.

And is there any way in which none of the files get deleted inside it. It's internal system memory is 2 GB. And USB memory is 12 gb. No SD card inside it.

Thank you!
Based on your description of the problem, you should still have Odin download mode, which is good.

Let's first try and restore the phone back to somewhat stock...
  • Go to this post and download the MH2 pre-rooted stock firmware image (and unpack the zip file).
  • Flash using Odin, but don't change any of the default options and settings, just specify the tar.md5 file in the PDA section as you've done before...DO NOT TOUCH PIT option.
  • If Odin fails again, post the screen dump and show us the message log
  • if Odin succeeds, it will reboot and take a few minutes to initialize the phone (this MH2 image performs an implicit factory reset), you should eventually get the configuration wizard to setup the phone
The Following User Says Thank You to davidcsv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

j.posarekar70
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1562
if possible to enter in download mode then noworry you have chance to get back your device,
but if not then give try on some USB JIG products... (buy from web)
this product let you open download mode by just connecting usb part to device.

once you get enter in download mode you'll safely flash stock rom again.
but this time I suggest you to use ODIN V3.07 (latest version much safer much easier to use)
The Following User Says Thank You to j.posarekar70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sulav_rock
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No problem with download mode

[QUOTE=j.posarekar70;47718960][FONT="Century Gothic"]if possible to enter in download mode then noworry you have chance to get back your device,

but this time I suggest you to use

When i turn on my mobile, it directly opens Download mode. And it wont even close when i press power button. I've to force shut down by taking out the battery. There's no boot screen showing Samsung logo.

Actually i used odin3 v3.09 on first place. I knew nothing about it. so following a forum on recovering soft brick i switched to old version.

dc_power!
Old
Thanks Meter 97
[QUOTE=sulav_rock;47719862]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.posarekar70 View Post
[FONT="Century Gothic"]if possible to enter in download mode then noworry you have chance to get back your device,

but this time I suggest you to use

When i turn on my mobile, it directly opens Download mode. And it wont even close when i press power button. I've to force shut down by taking out the battery. There's no boot screen showing Samsung logo.

Actually i used odin3 v3.09 on first place. I knew nothing about it. so following a forum on recovering soft brick i switched to old version.
You still have Download mode on the Phone, so your bootloader is still ok. Flash a stock rom image with Odin and you should be ok...post your results.
The Following User Says Thank You to dc_power! For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sulav_rock
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcsv View Post
Based on your description of the problem, you should still have Odin download mode, which is good.

Let's first try and restore the phone back to somewhat stock...
  • Go to this post and download the MH2 pre-rooted stock firmware image (and unpack the zip file).
  • Flash using Odin, but don't change any of the default options and settings, just specify the tar.md5 file in the PDA section as you've done before...DO NOT TOUCH PIT option.
  • If Odin fails again, post the screen dump and show us the message log
  • if Odin succeeds, it will reboot and take a few minutes to initialize the phone (this MH2 image performs an implicit factory reset), you should eventually get the configuration wizard to setup the phone
first of all, thank u so much for responding. Ok i'll try downloading the pre rooted ROM.
I'll post the results on the thread in the forum after it completes.

Since u're really talented in these stuffs, i wanted to ask u few questions.

1) Will installing Pre Rooted ROM root my device or not? Or do i have to root separately?

2) Will everything get wiped out? I'm sure wallpapers, messages, and settings configurations will be deleted. What about songs, photos? Will the USB storage get wiped out too? btw there's no sd card.

3) Can i recover anything? If yes. how?

davidcsv
Old
Thanks Meter 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulav_rock View Post
first of all, thank u so much for responding. Ok i'll try downloading the pre rooted ROM.
I'll post the results on the thread in the forum after it completes.

Since u're really talented in these stuffs, i wanted to ask u few questions.

1) Will installing Pre Rooted ROM root my device or not? Or do i have to root separately?

2) Will everything get wiped out? I'm sure wallpapers, messages, and settings configurations will be deleted. What about songs, photos? Will the USB storage get wiped out too? btw there's no sd card.

3) Can i recover anything? If yes. how?
1) Pre-rooted means just that, it is already rooted for your convenience.

2) Wiping data/cache can be different on different phones. It always wipe the internal data partition (place where app specific data and such are stored) and sometimes the internal user data storage (place where your pictures and other user files are stored). Whether the user data storage is cleared, I can't say for certain, varies between roms and phone models. (external sd card is never cleared, so that's why you should get yourself one and store your data there or in the 'cloud')

3) Depending on what happens in 2), yes or no. If it's wiped, it's gone, if not, then you're lucky I suppose.

When you manage to resurrect the phone, try to follow these rules...
- sync photos with Google+
- keep other data, songs, documents, etc... on the external sd card as much as possible
- sync contact, agenda/calendar, notes, and other personal management data synced with a cloud service (Google+, Exchange, etc...)
- make regular backups with for example Titanium Backup, Super Backup, etc...
- a Samsung account and Google account will help to automatically backup some settings, call logs, etc... (If you let/allow them)
The Following User Says Thank You to davidcsv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gonemad02
Old
Thanks Meter 398
so you have download mode,
download this pre-rooted stock rom here
then this pit file for e110s here
once the files are downloaded,
head to odin then choose pit for the pit file you downloaded
same goes for the pda file
then it should flash without any errors. after that if your phone is stuck in boot animation.
turn off the phone then Reboot to recovery (volume up+volume down+power)
use the volume rockr keys to navigate and power button to select an item.
choose wipe data/factory reset and cache.
flash the rom again without the pit file, only PDA to make sure everything is fine.
it should fix your soft bricked e110s.

Tags
brick, galaxy s2, samsung, shv-e110s