Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 52,398 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.x] AOKP :: kitkat :: nightlies | test builds :: odin {ZL}

Tip us?

championswimmer
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7449
Location: Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi Technological University)

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][4.4.x] AOKP :: kitkat :: nightlies | test builds :: odin {ZL}

DISCLAIMER
You need to have an unlocked bootloader to use this ROM & kernel. Also I or any contributor in the software DOES NOT take responsibility of damages caused to your phone due to this ROM.

1. Copy ROM zip and gapps zip to sdcard
2. Flash any kernel which has recovery or use TWRP (if you do not have any recovery yet).
3. Reboot device and go to recovery by pressing Vol-UP when LED is pink
4. If coming from 4.3, or 4.2 ROM wipedata/factory reset your phone
5. Flash ROM zip
6. Flash Gapps zip
7. Reboot and enjoy.

Official NIghtlies (automatically built every 4-5 days) :
http://goo.im/devs/aokp/yuga

Unofficial Test Builds (will contain experimental changes for testing) :
http://goo.im/devs/kxp/kk/odin

Gapps :
http://goo.im/devs/kxp

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to AOKP

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!

Latest merges on Gerrit

http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/sony+status:merged,n,z

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

CREDITS

Thanks to all device maintainers of Sony devices on CM/AOKP/Omni/PA/PAC as everyone working on the device helps each other into making better ROMs.
Also thanks to Sony Mobile for being so helpful to developers.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][4.4.x] AOKP :: kitkat :: nightlies | test builds :: odin {ZL}, a ROM for the Sony Xperia ZL

Contributors
championswimmer, @FXP, @Bin4ry, @Kali-, @Entropy512, @cdesai, @codeworkx
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-01-11
Last Updated 2014-01-10
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JinJK's
Old
Thanks Meter 106
All working gr8 Thnx, from recovery to 2g-3g data, camera video rec, Xposed module, also try to play MC4 game, its working smooth. Still not try BT.

Sent from my Xperia ZL using Tapatalk now Free

melquisedec
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I Like AOKP Roms. I will test it

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 719
So far so good.

Sent from my Xperia ZL using Tapatalk
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

melquisedec
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I found some bugs in this Rom. First in a call the screen turned off but then turned on and in an second turned off again. The other bug is in expand the screen, I mean in immersive mode. Some times the screen blink.

Enviado desde mi Xperia ZL mediante Tapatalk

melquisedec
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Is there mode tablet in this Rom?

gella1992
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Iīm on 2014-01-14 Nigthly an found a bug, too!

Bluetooth music streaming isnīt working well. If the screen turns off the music is stuttering, but when I turn on the screen, everthing is okay.
So I think this is a Kernel related issue. Maybe the Screen Off Frequency is set to low

gonemad02
Old
Thanks Meter 398
well this is nice. but a few bugs indeed regarding BT.

ej_424
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
So I flashed a Kernel without a recovery included. What can I do to get another customer recovery installed now that I'm on this rom?

Great work, just got my ZL and ready to rock! I love this phone, last sonys I had where the Xperia Arc and Xperia S, where I followed this Dev and loved his AOKP roms! Keep up the great work glad to see you here!

Thanks
ej_424

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_424 View Post
So I flashed a Kernel without a recovery included. What can I do to get another customer recovery installed now that I'm on this rom?

Great work, just got my ZL and ready to rock! I love this phone, last sonys I had where the Xperia Arc and Xperia S, where I followed this Dev and loved his AOKP roms! Keep up the great work glad to see you here!

Thanks
ej_424
Download one of the latest cm11 builds to your comp. Extract the boot.IMG. Then hook up your phone to your computer in fastboot and "fastboot flash boot boot.IMG" from the location of the boot.IMG and fastboot on your computer.

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.