Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,581 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

will this accessory work with the One?

Tip us?

Comet1966
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Default will this accessory work with the One?

Would this work with the HTC One? http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Cable-Po...ywords=usb+otg
You should hit that Thanks button if I have helped you!

Samsung Intercept -> LG Optimus S -> HTC Evo Shift 4G -> Samsung Nexus S 4G -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE -> Motorola photon Q -> HTC One -> SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

Carrier -> Sprint

Rom: Stock NE5

RLKirk
Old
Thanks Meter 96
If you get it let us know. It may need something enabled in the kernal to accept power while in OTG mode but I'm not sure
The Following User Says Thank You to RLKirk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

klbjr
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet1966 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLKirk View Post
If you get it let us know. It may need something enabled in the kernal to accept power while in OTG mode but I'm not sure
I just purchased this same device and can yes it works just like any other USB OTG cable but it will not charge your phone or at least I couldn't get it to charge.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klbjr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RLKirk
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
I just purchased this same device and can yes it works just like any other USB OTG cable but it will not charge your phone or at least I couldn't get it to charge.
Makes sense. Thanks fir the enlightenment. Maybe since kernels are starting to come out one of the devs can figure out of a way around it
The Following User Says Thank You to RLKirk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

klbjr
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLKirk View Post
Makes sense. Thanks fir the enlightenment. Maybe since kernels are starting to come out one of the devs can figure out of a way around it
I've read comments from people with other phones that say it does charge their phones but I couldn't get it to do anything with my ONE. Now I did read somewhere that while it is plugged in the USB device is powered by the adapter and not the ONE so you can save some battery life but I haven't done any tests to verify or deny that theory.

burningfire87
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Did you use the pc to charge or ac adapter?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

minori_aoi
Old
Thanks Meter 26
i think it's used to power the usb device. and it's very useful for device which doesn't support otg natively like nexus4
Sony Ericsson T100 > Motorola C380 > Mitac Mio 8380 > Samsung E730 > Motorola E680 > Motorola MPX200 > Dopod S300 > Nokia N76 > Motorola Droid > Blackberry Tour 9630 > Palm Pre Plus > Samsung Focus > LG Optimus 2x > Nexus S (I9023) > Sony Xperia U ST25i > Smartfren Andromax U LE > Nexus 4 E960 > iPhone 5

Comet1966
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
OK I can confirm that it does charge the device, just not mine, it charges the RAZR M, it will charge the one in recovery and when its off. But the storage doesn't show in recovery. When I have it plugged in while its on the OTG works and when I unplug it from the phone, it says its charging via USB. I'm no dev so I have no idea how I would get this to work.
You should hit that Thanks button if I have helped you!

Samsung Intercept -> LG Optimus S -> HTC Evo Shift 4G -> Samsung Nexus S 4G -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE -> Motorola photon Q -> HTC One -> SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

Carrier -> Sprint

Rom: Stock NE5

v1rk
Old
Thanks Meter 553
Charging will work in recovery but not in boot as the phone will be picked as an otg device