Smart Dock Multimedia Hub

23rd April 2013, 04:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 100

572 posts
More
I noticed that the Note 2 has a Smart dock with HDMI out and 3 usb ports, does anything like this exist for the "One"

Here is the one I am talking about for Samsung from Samsung:
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EDD-S20JWEGSTA

JB
25th April 2013, 09:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

48 posts
I just bought a dock, andan MHL adapter off ebay. I already have an alarm clock with a micro-usb dock by my bed for charging, so I was going to use these to make a multimedia dock for my TV. You can power the MHL adapter so that it draws less power from the phone, but as far as I know it can't actually charge the phone.

Since my account is new, I can't post links, here are the item IDs for the ebay items:
dock: 390581350505
MHL adapter: 161009409501
26th April 2013, 01:54 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 933

2,403 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudejb

I noticed that the Note 2 has a Smart dock with HDMI out and 3 usb ports, does anything like this exist for the "One"

Here is the one I am talking about for Samsung from Samsung:
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EDD-S20JWEGSTA

JB

Nothing quite like that dock, and I doubt it will be possible to have a dock like that with the One given I believe it uses a standard 5-pin MHL configurations, whereas the S3/Note 2 and S4 all use an 11-pin configuration (that Samsung specifically added to allow simultaneous USB OTG and MHL).
10th January 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

126 posts
Donate to Me
anything new about this? has anyone found some usb hub that has micro usb and normal usb out, so you could connect mhl to microusb, and lets say mouse and keyboard to other 2 usb ports.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread