Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[q] [lg-e980] bricked super hard!! Please help!!!

OP ewrecc

4th December 2013, 11:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Richmond
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Damnit.. I've been flashing hundreds of ROMs since I got this phone without any problems since I always had a backup of the previous ROM I flashed.. so I ended up in a bootloop so I used the FlashTool to flash the TOT and DLL files.. and I went ahead and rooted, atempted to unlock the bootloader and a couple times I was still able to get it back up to stock.. but this time it wont even power on.. no DL mode.. no Recovery.. no Hard Reset.. no nothin... is there anything I can try before I take it back to AT$T for a replacment??? Im in the process of DL'n R&D Test Tool and the Korean .kdz file since the ATT zip file someone had posted is actually a zip file.. ugh.. Im hoping to atleast get the Korean up n running and try to work from there... damnit.. Any help... Anyone???
5th December 2013, 07:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 62

251 posts
More
I had a soft brick on my E988 today and it kept going into recovery so I googled and got a file called exit recovery.zip that supposedly helps. Flashed and it died just like yours. Total hard brick. I think we both have to get it replaced. Sad thing about mine is it was the last piece when I bought it 4 days ago.
5th December 2013, 12:04 PM   |  #3  
seoul

7 posts
Same my ploblem but different model which rom is you flash last you stuck on logo or nothing happened
8th December 2013, 02:22 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Richmond

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMTAEY

Same my ploblem but different model which rom is you flash last you stuck on logo or nothing happened

IT WAS THE FACTORY DLL AND TOT USED ON LGFLASHTOOLS!!! IT does nothing but flash the back and menu button when plugged into computer or wall charger.. AT&T wants to charge me $200 when I bought it for $.99.... and it back on sell for $.99 NOW!!!.. but I used my upgrade on this phone... UGH!!!!! bastards... obviously they dont know I rooted, unlocked bootloader and flashed roms and they arent gonna know... but it does have some noticable dings and a F*ed up crack on the screen.. I've complained to AT&T, LG, and Asurion which is AT&T insurance...

BUT!!! I think I might have found the answer!!! So when I plug phone into computer it reads as QHUSB_DLOAD... so I searched and searched... and like ALWAYS ***GOOGLE*** sent me an angel from heaven!!! lol.. well i hope so... I will post more when I figure out if it works or not.. I had to re DL the TOT files since I forgot where I stored them lol about another hr and I have been at this for about 20 hrs so Im gonna go get some sleep.. and Im a hard sleeper so I probably wont wake up till ALOT later today... but xda will be the first to hear about it!!! zZzZzZzZ...

Root, unlock and flash?? WTF is that???
8th December 2013, 07:20 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 39

443 posts
On this phone, QHUSB_DLOAD means you need to get it jtag'd as the needed files to recovery it with QPST tools are not available.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daved+ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th December 2013, 09:31 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Richmond

10 posts
More
Ya my idea didn't work.. Damnit I miss that phone... So can I make my own JTAG? Or how can I get this resolved? As cheap and as quickly as possible??

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
16th December 2013, 09:39 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Richmond

10 posts
More
Qhusb_dload is what every phone I've hard bricked says.. Samsung galaxy s3 mini, Samsung infuse and my lgogp... I saw someone put the entire phone's OS on an SD card and it worked!! Is that something I could try with any of these phone? I think it was done on a galaxy s3 on YouTube...

21st December 2013, 06:00 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 39

443 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewrecc

Qhusb_dload is what every phone I've hard bricked says.. Samsung galaxy s3 mini, Samsung infuse and my lgogp... I saw someone put the entire phone's OS on an SD card and it worked!! Is that something I could try with any of these phone? I think it was done on a galaxy s3 on YouTube...

We can say it's on every phone with a qualcomm chipset.

AFAIK there is no way to boot the GPro from a sd card.

You need to get your phone jtag'd.
22nd December 2013, 04:27 AM   |  #9  
Flag dubai
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Sign back to unroot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewrecc

Damnit.. I've been flashing hundreds of ROMs since I got this phone without any problems since I always had a backup of the previous ROM I flashed.. so I ended up in a bootloop so I used the FlashTool to flash the TOT and DLL files.. and I went ahead and rooted, atempted to unlock the bootloader and a couple times I was still able to get it back up to stock.. but this time it wont even power on.. no DL mode.. no Recovery.. no Hard Reset.. no nothin... is there anything I can try before I take it back to AT$T for a replacment??? Im in the process of DL'n R&D Test Tool and the Korean .kdz file since the ATT zip file someone had posted is actually a zip file.. ugh.. Im hoping to atleast get the Korean up n running and try to work from there... damnit.. Any help... Anyone???

follow this method word to word i did to unroot and works perfectly fine for my international E988
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2388440
22nd December 2013, 04:42 AM   |  #10  
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 37

208 posts
More
I didn't know unlocking the boot loader for the e980 was possible.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread