Official MIUI V5 for ME860 and MB860

Search This thread

voot566

Apr 21, 2011
I was trying to flash Gapps through clockworkmod, but no matter which version of Gapps I attempted to flash, the apps will not install. Under clockworkmod, it said installation complete, but no google play store will show up after booting into the system. Any ideas?

OBLIVION007

May 19, 2010
Gapps

There is no gapps for MIUI 4.9.5 version....I tried a lot of packages but non of them working :( Please someone help us about gapps, Thanks

OBLIVION007

May 19, 2010
Suggested to flash not the last built but the previous one. Last one got many reboots

Hey man can you help me about gapps pls ? There is no gapps for miui 4.9.5, should i install 4.8.22 version ? I tried many gapps packages on 4.9.5 but non of them working :( which version are you using ? or idk maybe you using another rom...

josehbermudez

May 6, 2013
Yes you can use not the last but previous one 4.8.22. Remember that recoveries have changed in June 2014 now using tls support and as I know nobody has developed new one recovery for atrix. Use old gapps and you will not have any problems. Maybe you can download especific apps you need directly from another repositories not from google store . Recommend uptodown website or another where you can find old versions of apps that will run in y
our atrix with no problems. Now I'm waiting for a spare to restore my failed atrix and can't test anything meanwhile. Hope helped a little bit

cufre

Aug 15, 2011
Toirano
Gapps Working

Hey man can you help me about gapps pls ? There is no gapps for miui 4.9.5, should i install 4.8.22 version ? I tried many gapps packages on 4.9.5 but non of them working :( which version are you using ? or idk maybe you using another rom...

Hey Everybody ! Past Week-end i resurrected my glorius Atrix whit this amazing rom but... I fought a few days to get play store working.. since this morning... My solution: install "google's installer apk" but for some reason when i try to install play store and something else i've got always "google service framework" parsing error...
FInally with alternative "google service framework apk" everything started to work like a charm !
I can't post here external links on my dropbox files but if you need it write me !!
Enjoy !:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

OBLIVION007

May 19, 2010
Hey Everybody ! Past Week-end i resurrected my glorius Atrix whit this amazing rom but... I fought a few days to get play store working.. since this morning... My solution: install "google's installer apk" but for some reason when i try to install play store and something else i've got always "google service framework" parsing error...
FInally with alternative "google service framework apk" everything started to work like a charm !
I can't post here external links on my dropbox files but if you need it write me !!
Enjoy !:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

yeah I installed it too but its still not working well...when I try to install something from play store its always say "you are downloading a very large file...bla bla" on every app :D
Also did you installed Google Contacts Sync.apk and Calendar Sync.apk ? They're not installing through Google Installer.apk

OBLIVION007

May 19, 2010
Anyone know how to change system Fonts in this Rom ? I tried many ways but still Font is not changing...Also not all the WSM Tools features working...only a few options...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA,

(I'm posting this link here because I don't have enough posts to reply to the [ROM] MIUI v5 3.7.19 English thread.)

I was browsing the English MIUI website today and found that the Motorola Atrix 4G was listed as a supported device! :victory:

1. Official ROM package: http://en.miui.com/download-48.html
    2. Kernel update package: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s1am14hv1463bse/kcTzU7sneq or do it yourself instructions: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50270128&postcount=35 :cowboy:
    3. Basic soft keyboard: http://storage.evozi.com/apk/dl/13/...ard.apk?h=2w9QQkC1civRGTlZnZ_1kw&t=1393030263 (you'll need this, or another soft keyboard APK of your choice, because this ROM does not come with a soft keyboard!)
    4. Google Apps package: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2482592 (search for "gapps core" on that page)

It's meant for the international version (ME860) but I think it should work it works on the US version (MB860) just fine.

Cheers.
    Good news, everyone! :angel:

I was able to fix the blank screen issue by upgrading to a newer kernel, as palmbeach05 suggested.

Now my phone's screen turns on correctly every time I press the power button! :victory:

Here's how I did it under Debian GNU/Linux. :cowboy: First, extract the ROM's boot image:

Code:
    $ aunpack miui_me860_santajin_4.2.7_58b76313b6_4.2.zip

$ cd miui_me860_santajin_4.2.7_58b76313b6_4.2

$ abootimg -x boot.img
    writing boot image config in bootimg.cfg
    extracting kernel in zImage
    extracting ramdisk in initrd.img

$ cd ..

Now extract krystianp's boot image and then modify it to include the ROM's initrd.img filesystem image and finally flash the result: :fingers-crossed:

Code:
    $ aunpack kernel-2014_02_10_01_49_cm10_1.zip

$ cd kernel-2014_02_10_01_49_cm10_1

$ abootimg -x boot.img
    writing boot image config in bootimg.cfg
    extracting kernel in zImage
    extracting ramdisk in initrd.img

$ abootimg --create boot.img -f bootimg.cfg -k zImage -r ../miui_me860_santajin_4.2.7_58b76313b6_4.2/initrd.img
    reading config file bootimg.cfg
    reading kernel from zImage
    reading ramdisk from ../miui_me860_santajin_4.2.7_58b76313b6_4.2/initrd.img
    boot.img: updated is too big for the Boot Image (4268032 vs 4216832 bytes)

$ printf 'bootsize = 0x%x\n' 4268032 >> bootimg.cfg

$ abootimg --create boot.img -f bootimg.cfg -k zImage -r ../miui_me860_santajin_4.2.7_58b76313b6_4.2/initrd.img
    reading config file bootimg.cfg
    reading kernel from zImage
    reading ramdisk from ../miui_me860_santajin_4.2.7_58b76313b6_4.2/initrd.img
    Writing Boot Image boot.img

$ sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img
    sending 'boot' (4168 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.756s]
    writing 'boot'...
    OKAY [  0.927s]
    finished. total time: 1.683s

$ sudo fastboot reboot
    rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.004s

Congrats! You have successfully injected a newer kernel into the ROM! :victory:

For your convenience, if you lack the tools/knowledge to follow the steps shown above, I have prepared a ClockWorkMod-flashable update ZIP file containing the boot image I built above. :cool:

Enjoy!
    I contacted santajin on his MIUI profile page about our problems and he replied! :highfive:

2014-02-13
    sunaku:
    Hi santajin! The ME860 4.2.7 (V5) ROM lacks a soft-keyboard. And I had to upgrade the 3.1 kernel to fix screen wake problems: http://xdaforums.com/ ... 270128#post50270128 Thank you! :)
    santajin:
    System partition is too small to add a build-in input method.
    For Screen wake, i will check the kernel you mentioned!
    Thanks for your support

So look forward for these problem to be fixed upstream in future releases of this ROM. :victory:
    Thanks for the tip! I found the exact bug on the Kernel issue tracker. :good:

Is it possible to flash a newer kernel (just the kernel, nothing else) on top of my existing MIUI ROM installation? :confused:

If you extract the new kernel and package it up with the existing boot.img, and combo that with the lib/module directory, then yes

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
    Now that MIUI was working, the next thing I needed was Google apps --- particularly the Play Store so I could install more apps.

I tried gapps packages from MIUI v5 ROM for Atrix 4G and epinter's CM 10.1 but they both had problems, such as the Play Store would force close.

Finally, I tried the gapps package from MIUI for Atrix HD (yeah, I know, it's a different phone) and it worked! :victory:

Or you can use this to install required gooogle appps

http://en.miui.com/thread-3998-1-1.html