Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,526 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to Unlock Relocked Bootloader?

Tip us?

Izzie19
Old
(Last edited by Izzie19; 27th December 2013 at 03:02 AM.) Reason: forgot to say thanks
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] How to Unlock Relocked Bootloader?

Hi there guys, I rooted my HTC One a couple of months ago. But now I want to go back to stock. So I watched this tutorial video on how to unroot my HTC One and got to the part where I'm supposed to relock my bootloader.

I had to stop the process because the application he recommended wouldn't run on my Windows 7.

So, I'm stuck with a relocked bootloader and S-on.

I thought about converting my device to Google Play Ed but realized that I may not have the right skills for that just yet so now, I just want to go back to stock 4.3 but when I selected Recovery, it showed "***Security Warning***" right below "***Tampered***" and "***Relocked***".

After 2 restarts it disappeared but I'm scared that it might appear again.

I really want to just go back to stock. I've looked in the past threads and didn't find a solution on how to unroot specifically for relocked bootloaders.

I would really appreciate some help please.

mjwitt2
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie19 View Post
Hi there guys, I rooted my HTC One a couple of months ago. But now I want to go back to stock. So I watched this tutorial video on how to unroot my HTC One and got to the part where I'm supposed to relock my bootloader.

I had to stop the process because the application he recommended wouldn't run on my Windows 7.

I thought about converting my device to Google Play Ed but realized that I may not have the right skills for that just yet so now, I just want to go back to stock 4.3 but when I selected Recovery, it showed "***Security Warning***" right below "***Tampered***" and "***Relocked***".

I really want to just go back to stock. I've looked in the past threads and didn't find a solution on how to unroot specifically for relocked bootloaders.

Did you use rumrunner to s-off? Are you using a patched/modified hboot? Whatever method you used to s-off, you have to use the reverse of that, or you could brick your device. The answer to your question lies in the method you used to s-off your device.

I'm not saying this is going to help you, but I did a simple google search when I did this, and this helped me:

http://androidforums.com/internation...ml#post5918438
Current:
AT&T HTC One M7
Bootloader Unlocked, Rooted, S-off (Rumrunner)
Insert Coin Sixth Sense v2.3.1
ElementalX Kernel

Past: HTC One X, HTC Inspire 4G, HTC Pure, Samsung Blackjack II, Motorola V3xx, Moto V3i, Moto V3, and a whole bunch more...

Izzie19
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It says it's S-ON though.. Do I Make it S-OFF first then unroot it? I thought it would be S-OFF because I rooted it. Should i try rumrunner to turn it to S-OFF?

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
It says it's S-ON though.. Do I Make it S-OFF first then unroot it? I thought it would be S-OFF because I rooted it. Should i try rumrunner to turn it to S-OFF?
i would not try s-off if you want to go back to complete stock leave your bootloader locked donload and run this
http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-att/news/
The Following User Says Thank You to jerrycoffman45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Izzie19
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Should I still run it even though I'm already running android 4.3?.

beenow
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Hi I went back to stock rom 4.3 with sense 5 but still ROOTED tho. If you want I will give you a link for that rom. just download it and use recovery to install that rom, but have to wipe and clean cache, system, data before installing zip file

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
Should I still run it even though I'm already running android 4.3?.
if you want complete stock non rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to jerrycoffman45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Izzie19
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wouls that work even though mine says it's "relocked" and not "locked"? I just want to make sure cos I don't want to brick my phone..

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Yes it will

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Izzie19
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycoffman45 View Post
Yes it will

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Hi there sir, I was about to run the update when I found that the "Security Warning" has appeared again in the bootloader.. Do I still go through the process?..