Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 44,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 10 bricked after 4.4 OTA update

Tip us?

kd0g
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 10 bricked after 4.4 OTA update

My nexus 10 is rooted and i'm running CWM v6.0.1.6, after trying to install the 4.4 OTA update my tablet was stuck at the 4 swirling circles. I have now wiped all data, cache, etc. after trying to recover, and trying to install the new stock file through adb sideload to no avail. My PC does not see the tablet when in fastboot. So I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be much appreciated.

kd0g
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd0g View Post
My nexus 10 is rooted and i'm running CWM v6.0.1.6, after trying to install the 4.4 OTA update my tablet was stuck at the 4 swirling circles. I have now wiped all data, cache, etc. after trying to recover, and trying to install the new stock file through adb sideload to no avail. My PC does not see the tablet when in fastboot. So I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be much appreciated.
UPDATE: So, the PC I was trying to recover with was using XP, I switched to my laptop that's Windows 7, and voila, I was able to sideload the stock 4.4 firmware... guessing it was an incompatibility quirk with XP. Anyways, I'm up and running. Maybe this will help someone else.

Springsenior2006
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Step by Step?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd0g View Post
UPDATE: So, the PC I was trying to recover with was using XP, I switched to my laptop that's Windows 7, and voila, I was able to sideload the stock 4.4 firmware... guessing it was an incompatibility quirk with XP. Anyways, I'm up and running. Maybe this will help someone else.
Same exact problem, can you give a step by step on how it worked from when you plugged it into the Win 7 machine? I'm on a Win 7 machine but still not able to fix the issue. Thanks.