No registration required

[Q] E975 charger limit on amps?

OP puma99dk|

27th December 2013, 09:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

279 posts
More
i am thinking about if my E975 is limited when it comes to how many amps it can charge with bcs i recently brought a 2A charger also tried it out on my Google Nexus 7 2013 and i don't feel like it charges that much faster then my original LG charger with a 3meter flat OEM kable.

the charger i brought is said to charge with 2A while the original LG is only 1.2A shouldn't i be feeling a difference?
27th December 2013, 06:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 629

1,374 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puma99dk|

.the charger i brought is said to charge with 2A while the original LG is only 1.2A shouldn't i be feeling a difference?

No, you shouldn't. You can plug it into a 10 Amp charger, but the phone will only draw the amount it needs. Remember, it's not the charger pushing the current to the phone, it's the phone pulling it from the charger. The charging current is determined by the phone - each Li-Ion or Li-Po battery has a controller curcuit. The important thing is for a charger to be able to provide what a device wants to draw - otherwise, it would charge slowly, or not at all. So, a charger should be rated for not less than X Amp. More amp rating won't hurt, but it won't increase the actual current...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th January 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

27 posts
More
oh this is very useful. I also had the same question.
mine came with a 750mA (.75A) charger. As I left my charger at home during the holidays, I had to make due with one that I bought from a nearby tech store. I was very happy with the charger that I bought as it charges my phone really fast. I found out that my new charger was also a 2A model.

so I guess, in my experience, I noticed a big improvement in charging speeds comparing the 750mA with the new 2A charger. But I guess coming from a 1.2A charger, it only makes little difference.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread