Uprgraded Rom - WiFi issues - Cautionary tale
I've seen in the past posts responding to upgrade threads mentioning loss of WiFi after upgrades.
Recently me and my dad both had cause to upgrade our Wizards to the 2.16 iMate roms and found that shortly after we were unable to connect to our wireless network.
We were also baffled to discover that his IPaq that he had down graded to Win 2003 SE also developed the same issues.
After a long time tearing our hair out we discovered that when ever you change the rom of a device its MAC address changes so our MAC filtering blocks what it thinks are new devices.
Previously I had believed that Mac addresses were very secific to the hard ware so I.m now glad we checked 'just to be sure'.
CURRENT DEVICES -
O2 XDA Orbit 2 -
(Jul 24) Touch-IT Diamond's (19918.104.22.168) WWE - 2Gig Sandisk UltraII Micro SD
ASUS EEE PC -
Black 4Gig version, 2Gig Ram. 8Gig Transcend SDHC Card (Class 6), running Windows XP