Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Want to learn

Tip us?

POLMafia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Want to learn

Greetings all, hopefully this is the right place to post this question.
First a little background on me, been a hacker for Windows since win 95. I can make windows do anything I want. I hold multiple certs and have tweaked /changed about everything on the windows interface except Win 8, it sux. Anyway, I want to learn android like that, like in windows Stem 32 folder is the heart and soul of a windows build. I want to know file structure, boot path, what files you have to have and why. Then I want to get into tweaking and developing . There is a butt ton of books and whatnot but I thought Id ask the people that know. ANY direction to start would be great.

And thanks to all the Devs and Tweakers that make all this possible, Id like to contribute someday!

geosnipe
Old
(Last edited by geosnipe; 11th January 2014 at 03:39 PM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 18
Prompt sounds similar

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLMafia View Post
Greetings all, hopefully this is the right place to post this question.
First a little background on me, been a hacker for Windows since win 95. I can make windows do anything I want. I hold multiple cert’s and have tweaked /changed about everything on the windows interface except Win 8, it sux. Anyway, I want to learn android like that, like in windows Stem 32 folder is the heart and soul of a windows build. I want to know file structure, boot path, what files you have to have and why. Then I want to get into tweaking and developing . There is a butt ton of books and whatnot but I thought I’d ask the people that know. ANY direction to start would be great.

And thanks to all the Devs and Tweakers that make all this possible, I’d like to contribute someday!
It sounds like I almost mirror your skillset, maybe we could work together? Or find a dev to give us exercises to work on?
Current: A+, Net+, MTA Server Admin, Panasonic Security Solutions Certified (PSEC), and on windows since 3.1 w/usb support.
In Progress: CCNA, MCSA, ITIL Foundation

I have 2 devs that I want to ask one is west coast and the other is less than 2 hours from me.. Let me know what/who you find.

CHEERS!