5,597,084 Members 47,147 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mother of All AD-BLOCKING mod is not working

Tip us?
 
promohammad
Old
(Last edited by promohammad; 10th January 2014 at 07:07 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 22
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default Mother of All AD-BLOCKING mod is not working

Hello,
I've flashed the mod (07 January 2014) . The "hosts" file became larger (more than 12) but ads are still there. Can anyone help me and find a solution ?

My Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
My rom: PAC-ROM 4.2.2
My recovery: Philz Touch 6

thank you in advance
 
gimpy1
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 106
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Flagstaff
Have you disabled the wi-fi proxy? As suggested in his op?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
hnkotnis
Old
(Last edited by hnkotnis; 10th January 2014 at 10:22 PM.)
#3  
hnkotnis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 340
Posts: 896
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by promohammad View Post
Hello,
I've flashed the mod (07 January 2014) . The "hosts" file became larger (more than 12) but ads are still there. Can anyone help me and find a solution ?

My Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
My rom: PAC-ROM 4.2.2
My recovery: Philz Touch 6

thank you in advance
Also check in that threads comments(1st page), conversation of OP with mai77 who was having problem like you. His problem was solved after changing Host file's ownership settings.

Also if you are using proxy then ad blocking will not work.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands
 
promohammad
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 22
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnkotnis View Post
Also check in that threads comments(1st page), conversation of OP with mai77 who was having problem like you. His problem was solved after changing Host file's ownership settings.

Also if you are using proxy then ad blocking will not work.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands
I checked that proxy is disabled, changed the owner and group to system and rechanged them to root but nothing happened
 
hnkotnis
Old
#5  
hnkotnis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 340
Posts: 896
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by promohammad View Post
I checked that proxy is disabled, changed the owner and group to system and rechanged them to root but nothing happened
Then use software like AdFree/ AdAway. I personally recommend AdAway. I have been using it for months and find it useful.
Press thanks if helped.
 
promohammad
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 22
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnkotnis View Post
Then use software like AdFree/ AdAway. I personally recommend AdAway. I have been using it for months and find it useful.
Press thanks if helped.
Thank you.I will try to find solution myself
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes