Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 43,867 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Facebook Messenger Crashing

Tip us?

a_hadada
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Facebook Messenger Crashing

Hi there, proud new owner here, a tiny bit dissapointed with washed out colours /Im coming from an unbeatable amoled screen of Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7/ and not being able to sync my Jawbone Up /did anyone manage to find a solution for that?/, but my main problem is facebook messenger crashing. Does that happen to any of you? Im C6833 14.2.A.0.290. THANKS!

a_hadada
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Oh, I think it actually might be due to a microphone not working properly, I am on UK C6833 with the lates firmware update. Just run the device test and it is showing me that "microphone failed" every time, also attempted some recordings and there's no sound. Does anyone else have a problem with mic? Should I have it replaced?

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_hadada View Post
Oh, I think it actually might be due to a microphone not working properly, I am on UK C6833 with the lates firmware update. Just run the device test and it is showing me that "microphone failed" every time, also attempted some recordings and there's no sound. Does anyone else have a problem with mic? Should I have it replaced?
AFAIK, the device test tests the hardware connection itself as well as drivers etc, so if it's failing I think it's a hardware issue. I'd get it fixed on warranty if I were you. Who's your network?

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

a_hadada
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks View Post
AFAIK, the device test tests the hardware connection itself as well as drivers etc, so if it's failing I think it's a hardware issue. I'd get it fixed on warranty if I were you. Who's your network?

I'm on Three UK, phone from Ebay...tu du dun duuunnnn...But alas, I've found out now, that it is only the facebook messenger app that messes up the microphone. It goes disconnecte and won't come back up until the reboot only when I attempt a voice recording through facebook messenger. Tried older version of messenger too to no avail. Hmmmm, mindboggling.

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5,657
Quote:
I'm on Three UK, phone from Ebay...tu du dun duuunnnn...But alas, I've found out now, that it is only the facebook messenger app that messes up the microphone. It goes disconnecte and won't come back up until the reboot only when I attempt a voice recording through facebook messenger. Tried older version of messenger too to no avail. Hmmmm, mindboggling.
Have you tried Skype? I mean, you could try it and see if it works there (do a test call), and if it does, it's clearly something with the messenger app and not the hardware.

And, this thread should be in the Q&A section and not general.

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Interesting... Not come across any threads on it, but sure someone else will have. Glad it's not hardware at least!

Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

a_hadada
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Interesting... Not come across any threads on it, but sure someone else will have. Glad it's not hardware at least!

True, but still very annoying nontheless, does it work normally for you guys? Don't understand why this particular app is missbehaving for me, I'm on stock, no root, no unlocked bootloader...pffffff

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
True, but still very annoying nontheless, does it work normally for you guys? Don't understand why this particular app is missbehaving for me, I'm on stock, no root, no unlocked bootloader...pffffff
I don't use Facebook I'm afraid. I'd give @LordManhattan suggestion a shot first off, make sure it is only Facebook.

Stock .257 Unrooted

LordManhattan
Old
(Last edited by LordManhattan; 11th January 2014 at 09:14 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5,657
Quote:
I don't use Facebook I'm afraid. I'd give @LordManhattan suggestion a shot first off, make sure it is only Facebook.

Haha, i don't have any FB stuff on my phone

EDIT: Fine, i'll install it and see if it works.

EDIT 2: It's the same thing here. It works fine until i try to record audio, and then it just freezes up and crashes. Contact FB so they can fix it (good luck with that).
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
Haha, i don't have any FB stuff on my phone

EDIT: Fine, i'll install it and see if it works.
You're far too helpful sometimes, I wouldn't install that crap if someone paid me! Not that I'm paranoid or anything

Stock .257 Unrooted

Tags
facebook