Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy [Q] Kindle Fire HD 8.9 stuck on blue boot screen

OP voudon93

26th November 2013, 09:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
In the past I rooted my original KIndle Fire to run Jelly Bean and decided to do it with my 8.9" HD today. The original was very easy but I encountered a problem when I did the HD... it's stuck on the blue boot screen. It flashes the original Kindle Fire screen for a second or two, goes blue and then stay on but doesn't go into the TWRP for me to flash the Jelly Bean 4.3 and Google Apps to it. It's frozen on that screen. How do I fix this? I've searched various posts here and in other places and ca't seem to either find or understand the answers I've encountered. Any help to fix this would be appreciated. I really need my Kindle for a lot of things I do in my side work and was installing Jelly Bean to get access to apps I had on my old one. WHen the old one quit charging as easily (it needs a lot of fiddling and pressure put on the charger from underneath to start charging), I bought this one and gave the old one to my step-daughter for games and netflix. Thanks in advance...

I wanted to note I have tried the powering off, powering on and holding for three seconds and I am still stuck on the blue screen.
Last edited by voudon93; 26th November 2013 at 09:28 AM.
26th November 2013, 10:00 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
The blue kindle fire logo or the twrp blue screen?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
26th November 2013, 05:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

The blue kindle fire logo or the twrp blue screen?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Kindle Fire logo. Computer won't recognize it either.
26th November 2013, 08:19 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

33 posts
This was the thread I used to do this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277105 issue happened at step 3. I have sdk installed but my computer won't recognize a fastboot cmd prompt. I'm reinstalling sdk now... such a long process but I accidentally installed the whole thing! So I am installing just what I Need this time.
26th November 2013, 09:30 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sounds like it flashed and it just needed to go into recovery because the os wasn't the same version as the freedom boot image if I'm guessing correctly. I think you just need to hold volume down when the orange kindle logo is displayed until it turns blue to get into recovery. Think its volume down, could be up, I don't go into recovery that way very often since I can do it with a command in the os on mine, but mine is able to boot up...

26th November 2013, 10:39 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

33 posts
Quote:

Sounds like it flashed and it just needed to go into recovery because the os wasn't the same version as the freedom boot image if I'm guessing correctly. I think you just need to hold volume down when the orange kindle logo is displayed until it turns blue to get into recovery. Think its volume down, could be up, I don't go into recovery that way very often since I can do it with a command in the os on mine, but mine is able to boot up...

I tried all that. I finally got it to go into fast reboot with the Kindle Fire HD system repair tool thingy here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254 but not sure what to do next.
26th November 2013, 11:10 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voudon93

I tried all that. I finally got it to go into fast reboot with the Kindle Fire HD system repair tool thingy here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1951254 but not sure what to do next.

Ok, I did everything in that thread but no idea how to get it out of fastboot mode
26th November 2013, 11:39 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try a simple "fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot"

26th November 2013, 11:41 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

33 posts
Quote:

Try a simple "fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot"

De nada
26th November 2013, 11:48 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX

2,230 posts
Donate to Me
More
I hate when people get stuck in fastboot... Its possible it could be the idme boot mode not being reset, but I'm going to throw a guess that you will need to reflash the boot loader, but I must stress check the md5sum of the boot loader before doing so, you don't want a hard brick.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread