5,598,297 Members 48,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with Rom Manager (Rom Download Error)

Tip us?

Hackenstein
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Problem with Rom Manager (Rom Download Error)

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm having an issue with Rom Manager. Doesn't seem to matter what I click on to try to download, I keep getting 'Rom Download Error'.

Is this a known issue and if so what is the usual fix?

Thanks so much. Great work, as always.

g00s3y
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
have you tried clearing the download cache?
Sprint HTC One - Rooted & Unlocked
Sprint Moto X - Rooted & Unlocked

Hackenstein
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yes.

I actually found the problem after nothing would work anywhere. Couldn't get anything from Rom Manager or the Market. Turns out my SD card was maxed due to all the backups I had made (had no idea they were upwards of 300MB a piece!). Weird though, because I thought anything downloaded from Rom Manager or the Market went to the internal phone storage by default. There's still plenty of space there.

Anyhow, I just erased a couple of unneeded backups and freed up over half a gig on the SD card and all is well again. Guess I'll upgrade to a 16GB card when the cashflow permits. Or maybe I'll ask for it for my birthday, heh (less than a week away).

weinerwad3000
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackenstein View Post
Yes.

I actually found the problem after nothing would work anywhere. Couldn't get anything from Rom Manager or the Market. Turns out my SD card was maxed due to all the backups I had made (had no idea they were upwards of 300MB a piece!). Weird though, because I thought anything downloaded from Rom Manager or the Market went to the internal phone storage by default. There's still plenty of space there.

Anyhow, I just erased a couple of unneeded backups and freed up over half a gig on the SD card and all is well again. Guess I'll upgrade to a 16GB card when the cashflow permits. Or maybe I'll ask for it for my birthday, heh (less than a week away).
I'm having this same problem and I have a 32 GB sd card. What's the point of paying for the full version if it doesn't work.