5,598,297 Members 48,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Completely stuck at bootloader. Need AMD USB 3.0 drivers for win8.1

Tip us?

blacksantron
Old
(Last edited by blacksantron; 17th January 2014 at 09:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default [SOLVED] Completely stuck at bootloader. Need AMD USB 3.0 drivers for win8.1

I just got a new laptop with 8.1 loaded on it... tried to flash a rom and it didnt go well.. bootlooping at the bootloader. computer wont recognize the phone, doesnt say fastboot usb. ive downloaded every possible driver i could find for 2 days and nothing...

basically ive narrowed it down to needing the amd usb host drivers for win 8.1 and i cant find em or a solution anywhere.

No i cant use another computer.

please please help, im totally screwed.
Phone: HTC One

BD619
Old
(Last edited by BD619; 8th January 2014 at 10:48 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7055

DONATE TO ME
You can try this http://www.droid-now.com/2013/10/fix...ndows-8-1-x64/
Or use a pc that is not Win 8.1
The good news is if you can get your hboot updated to 1.55 your phone will be recognized in fastboot.

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blacksantron
Old
(Last edited by blacksantron; 8th January 2014 at 11:50 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
You can try this http://www.droid-now.com/2013/10/fix...ndows-8-1-x64/
Or use a pc that is not Win 8.1
The good news is if you can get your hboot updated to 1.55 your phone will be recognized in fastboot.
thanks.. havent checked the link yet... wouldnt i need fastboot to get the hboot? haha catch 22

edit... checked that link.... must have seen it 10 times now... i dont understand, can i somehow use the intel drivers with my amd?

think im gunna dual boot ubuntu and see where that takes me... ugh

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7055

DONATE TO ME
Use option 2 a Windows machine that is not running 8.1

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

blacksantron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Use option 2 a Windows machine that is not running 8.1
thatd be great but i live on a tiny island in the caribbean.. theres no one around me with a computer, honestly... theres not even a sprint store on the island!

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7055

DONATE TO ME
Lol I forgot about Ubuntu that should get ya going

Forum Moderator

jblaze10
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksantron View Post
thatd be great but i live on a tiny island in the caribbean.. theres no one around me with a computer, honestly... theres not even a sprint store on the island!
never thought I would feel bad for someone on a Caribbean island, haha. hope you get it running, I just installed 8.1 and used the rumrunner modified 1.55 hboot and everything is fine, good luck!

blacksantron
Old
(Last edited by blacksantron; 11th January 2014 at 03:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze10 View Post
never thought I would feel bad for someone on a Caribbean island, haha. hope you get it running, I just installed 8.1 and used the rumrunner modified 1.55 hboot and everything is fine, good luck!
yeah yeah... paradise and all...except it sucks when i cant communicate with anyone.. OK SO UPDATE

after totally crashing my boot partitions trying to dual boot 8.1 & linux, I atttained dual boot... ugh was rough.. came to me in the middle of the night and i just hit 3 keys and bam, dual boot... ok

YES thanks to linux i was able to push a new recovery on as well as a new ROM!! yayyyyyyy not so much.

NOW.. i have a rom running but i have no firmware, radio, nothing.. In my quest to put a firmware on i have achieved S-OFF.. (I also used rumrunner, but my hboot remains 1.44?) and flashed what looked like working radio stuff, but nope. Should i be trying all this with a Sense ROM? Im on SlimKat atm. Thats my only idea now.. i've flashed firmwares out the wazoo and nothing gives me those lovely service bars... just an empty triangle... Any Thoughts? really dont want to download a 900meg rom.

thanks!!!

jblaze10
Old
Thanks Meter 76
U may have to ruu. Also rumrunner is for 1.55 hboot so I really don't know if it would work. Revone and moonshine are for 1.44 check bd19 faq thread or pm him if he isn't busy he will gst u on the right path!:thumbup:

tdhite
Old
(Last edited by tdhite; 11th January 2014 at 03:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1498

DONATE TO ME
Use OMJ's stock rooted ROM. But if you just need firmware and you have S-off, flash the firmware set from OMJ's RUU thread in fastboot . Instructions are there in the thread.

If you need help, just ask. That should get you going. Also, you can flash the firmware package that does not include hboot, recovery and boot. It's on the thread as well.

OMJ thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2576995