Hey guys I'm not exactly experienced with troubleshooting these kinds of problems. Hopefully I can learn something with the help of the community. I'll go ahead and lay out the situation and problem.
Whenever I flash a rom with CWM, the phone will either A: Get stuck on a blank screen with the green LED on or B: Go through the boot animation and crash on "preparing android" and loop the process.
My AT&T Atrix HD has an unlocked bootloader, I have had several successful flashes in the past, and they have all worked well. I am able to flash the stock firmware back to the phone and it will load just fine. I have tried to go back to stock and start over, but I keep getting the same result. I've tried multiple roms with no change. This started happening when I was trying to load HoloBlur X according to the directions. It went through the whole installation in CWM without errors, but boot looped until it went dead. I did format and clear all the caches and all that too.
I'm not really sure what I'm missing here. I just hope someone might have a suggestion for me.
Thanks in advance for any help!
If you indeed are positive that you flashed the correct custom recovery, then follow these steps to fully Wipe, Restore to stock, and reflash.
Please read all of these steps before attempting to follow them!
** Note: I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone by following these instructions. **
- Charge your device to a reccomended 80% (at least)
- Make sure you have a Windows computer
- Download the latest USB drivers from Motorola
- Boot into your current recovery and make a nandroid backup, just in case.
- Boot your device into Fastboot by powering off device and holding the Power+Volume Up+Volume Down and scrolling using the Volume Down button.
- Plug your device into your computer
- Download Fastboot if you don't already have it. (A simple Google search should result in a download link)
- Type "fastboot erase data"
- Type "fastboot erase cache"
- Type "fastboot erase system"
- Type "fastboot erase boot"
- Type "fastboot reboot"
All of these commands should pass without conflict.
Your phone should reboot, but have no bootable OS. Don't panic if you get this error. Just manually power off your device and put it in bootloader mode once again (Power+Volume Up+Volume Down).
After that, follow these steps to flash to stock.
- Download and install RSD Lite 6.1 here : www.mediafire.com/?3ckiknmwcpjolb2
- Download the correct Fastboot Package for Jellybean here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/dinara/list.php -- It should be MB886_att-user-4.1.1-9.8.0Q-97_MB886_FFW-20-27-release-keys-ATT-US_BuildA.xml.zip for 4.1.1 Jellybean on AT&T.
- Make sure your phone is in bootloader mode with the directions in the first set of instructions and select Fastboot flash mode.
- Open RSD Lite and select the downloaded Zip file in the box at the top.
- Your device should appear at the list view towards the bottom of the screen. Click it and the "Start" button should be clickable. Click start and wait.
- Wait for RSD Lite to say success and do not unplug it until the phone COMPLETELY BOOTS UP.
After all of this, you can now root, unlock bootloader, flash CWM, and install your custom rom. This should take care of any bootloops while installing Custom ROMs.
Click the thanks button if I helped!
PM me if you have any problems during this so I can help!