Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,884 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Loud speaker problem ??? clicking noise ??

Tip us?

dk_iceman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Loud speaker problem ??? clicking noise ??

Hello

I have just notiched that when im holding the loudspeaker up to my ear i can hear a clicking noise not very loud I can only hear it when holding it against my ear...

have somebody notiched that ??

I am on Android Revolution HD rom 3.6.2 I have also tried 4.1.3 and it makes the same clicking sound

I am on Radio

Radio_10.58.9035.00U_10.15.9035.02_2

Does this mean anything ??

hope anybody can help.. thanks

jjdoctor
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4,155

DONATE TO ME
maybe the phone rubs against your ear produces those clicking sounds...

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE (PM) ME 4 QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS. POST IN RELEVANT THREAD & I WILLB GLAD 2 REPLY THERE
The Following User Says Thank You to jjdoctor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dk_iceman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdoctor View Post
maybe the phone rubs against your ear produces those clicking sounds...
NO.........

stampern22
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just started having this same problem. Just rooted my phone and installed Android Revolution HD 6.5.2 XE. I have the Regular Sensation 4G. It worked great for a couple days, now anything that normally plays through the device speaker just makes a very very quiet ticking noise. You have to hold your ear almost to the phone to hear it. Headphones and earpiece work fine. I tried flashing the non XE rom, but got the same issue. I read through 8 pages of searches and didn't find any resolution, just a few other people that had what sounded like the same issue. Has anybody fixed this without replacing the phone?

Bouchang
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampern22 View Post
I just started having this same problem. Just rooted my phone and installed Android Revolution HD 6.5.2 XE. I have the Regular Sensation 4G. It worked great for a couple days, now anything that normally plays through the device speaker just makes a very very quiet ticking noise. You have to hold your ear almost to the phone to hear it. Headphones and earpiece work fine. I tried flashing the non XE rom, but got the same issue. I read through 8 pages of searches and didn't find any resolution, just a few other people that had what sounded like the same issue. Has anybody fixed this without replacing the phone?
I have JUST got the exact same problem, in-call (front) speaker works, but if I switch to loudspeaker during call it goes silent, save for sticking your ear to the phone in which case you can hear that the rear speaker is making a constant clicking/oscillating type sound, albeit very quiet. This issue I initially presumed to be ROM related, but the issue persists across the board, AOSP, Stock, all ROMs. Thus I have also just ordered a replacememt speaker and will post the results.

EclipseX
Old
Thanks Meter 189

DONATE TO ME
I have the exact same problem with mine s4 active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouchang View Post
I have JUST got the exact same problem, in-call (front) speaker works, but if I switch to loudspeaker during call it goes silent, save for sticking your ear to the phone in which case you can hear that the rear speaker is making a constant clicking/oscillating type sound, albeit very quiet. This issue I initially presumed to be ROM related, but the issue persists across the board, AOSP, Stock, all ROMs. Thus I have also just ordered a replacememt speaker and will post the results.
You can pay me a beer

bluefender
Old
Thanks Meter 6
disassemble phone and make sure the speaker is seated correctly, if it's seated correctly then you might have a duff speaker, alternatively try a bog standard rom aka default one, and see if it works
Desire DHD - ViperDHD 2.3.0
Sensation XE - Venom S 3.1.4 - SlimKat

Bouchang
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefender View Post
disassemble phone and make sure the speaker is seated correctly, if it's seated correctly then you might have a duff speaker, alternatively try a bog standard rom aka default one, and see if it works
[UPDATE] New speaker arrived, took everything apart, swapped speakers, rebuilt, booted up, pressed the volume up button- 'no sound'! Pressed the volume up button with ear to the loudspeaker and there it is again- quiet clicking sound, best way I can describe it is that it sounds like a mini tazer! Took everything apart again, checked connections over and over (bearing in mind the loudspeaker just has two pins that rest directly on to the circuit board itself- I.e not hard to check), rebuilt, rebooted, same problem! Did a nandroid of my current and flashed a stock ROM,,, SAME PROBLEM!

Either the replacement speaker is also duff, or I am seriously missing something. :banghead:

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

bluefender
Old
(Last edited by bluefender; 18th January 2014 at 12:32 PM.) Reason: new
Thanks Meter 6
there are two speakers in the sensation as far as im aware, also have you tried another rom aka viper or revolution etc
Desire DHD - ViperDHD 2.3.0
Sensation XE - Venom S 3.1.4 - SlimKat

Bouchang
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouchang View Post
in-call (front) speaker works, but if I switch to loudspeaker during call it goes silent, save for sticking your ear to the phone in which case you can hear that the REAR speaker is making a constant clicking/oscillating type sound, albeit very quiet. This issue I initially presumed to be ROM related, but the issue persists across the board, AOSP, Stock, ALL ROMs.
I'm stumped, love my old Sensation too so I'm relying solely on vibration to no miss calls. As I said, across the board..
I had Sultan's CM11 but had bugs so i reverted back to my nandroid of Albinoman's CM10.3, which is when it happened! Which made me think it was software related, but I've tried all ROM bases since to rule out all variables and it persists. Switching the loudspeaker and still there, checking the motherboard and all other connections and nothing makes a difference. Possibly the new speaker is also a duff?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app