Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 52,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help a Noob?

Tip us?
 
kmages
Old
#1  
kmages's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2011
Question [Q] Help a Noob?

Just got my Verizon HTC Max One. I want to unlock the bootloader, turn S-OFF (I think), root and add CWM, and still have my fingerprint reader work. Is this possible and if so, what are the steps.

Much appreciated.
 
Vinchenzop
Old
#2  
Vinchenzop's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9656
Posts: 5,239
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hermitage, PA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmages View Post
Just got my Verizon HTC Max One. I want to unlock the bootloader, turn S-OFF (I think), root and add CWM, and still have my fingerprint reader work. Is this possible and if so, what are the steps.

Much appreciated.
Follow all instructions to unlock and s-off...then go to This thread (particularly step 2 of the thread) to 'relock' your bootloader and you'll have the advantages of s-off and still have fingerprint scanner
Carrier: Verizon
Phone:HTC One Max (Current)/HTC Droid DNA/HTC EVO 4G LTE


If I've Helped You In Any Way, Please Help Someone Else


The Following User Says Thank You to Vinchenzop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Jiggity Janx
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 329
Posts: 1,388
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinchenzop View Post
Follow all instructions to unlock and s-off...then go to This thread (particularly step 2 of the thread) to 'relock' your bootloader and you'll have the advantages of s-off and still have fingerprint scanner
You also have to reset the tampered flag for fingerprint scanner to work.


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540024
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiggity Janx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DeadPhoenix
Old
(Last edited by DeadPhoenix; 14th January 2014 at 02:40 PM.)
#4  
DeadPhoenix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 296
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sacramento

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinchenzop View Post
Follow all instructions to unlock and s-off...then go to This thread (particularly step 2 of the thread) to 'relock' your bootloader and you'll have the advantages of s-off and still have fingerprint scanner
Technically speaking. You won't "Re-lock" your bootloader you will just change the flag to be Locked and the fingerprint scanner will work again.

This Thread covers it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540004
Cell:
Phone: HTC One Max (Verizon)
S-Off: Rumrunner Verizon
Rom: Stock
Recovery: TWRP

Tablet: Nexus 10 16GB Wi-Fi
Memory: 16GB Internal
Rom: Paranoid Android
Recovery: CWM

Retired Devices:
iPhone 5 16GB Black (Verizon) <- Verizon Motorola RAZR HD 16GB <- Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue 16GB <- Verizon Galaxy Nexus

The Following User Says Thank You to DeadPhoenix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Jiggity Janx
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 329
Posts: 1,388
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhoenix View Post
Technically speaking. You won't "Re-lock" your bootloader you will just change the flag to be Locked and the fingerprint scanner will work again.

This Thread covers it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540004
To clarify it does change the bootloader flag to locked which does in effect make the bootloader locked again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223 View Post
not sure what youre asking. locked is locked... this leaves the "lock status" flag that tells hboot wether to be unlocked or not, in a locked state,just as it came out of the box.

if you mean "does the lock status flag need to tell hboot to be locked in order for the fingerprint scanner to work" then the answer is yes. hex editing hboot to make the unlocked banner read "locked" does absolutely nothing functionally. whatever partition controls the fingerprint scanner is looking at the lock status flag itself,and could care less what hboots banner reads
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiggity Janx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools
Display Modes