locked out

27th December 2013, 01:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hello everyone.

Somehow I managed to lock myself out of my own phone using the pincode screen lock. I've tried a few trouble shooting solutions which I found online, including downloading something from my computers google play store. Nothing seems to be working and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to help me out?

I've using a sprint galaxy s3 with cm-10.2.0-RC1 mod and I can still access TWRP.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
27th December 2013, 03:36 PM   |  #2  
Buford, GA
Thanks Meter: 729

2,042 posts
More
unfortunately your only option is probably a factory reset, cache and dalvik wipe.

you can do a backup first, reset and probably then restore data for your apps and their data, that probably doesn't include the pin settings which would be saved in the system settings (I would think)
27th December 2013, 11:09 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 69

60 posts
More
Have you tried using your Google account to recover your lock code?
28th December 2013, 01:12 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelano

unfortunately your only option is probably a factory reset, cache and dalvik wipe.

you can do a backup first, reset and probably then restore data for your apps and their data, that probably doesn't include the pin settings which would be saved in the system settings (I would think)

tried this today, apparently the pin is saved to the data. that was the only part of the backup I couldn't restore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenZen

Have you tried using your Google account to recover your lock code?

I was unaware I could do this, do you have any more information on how to do this?
28th December 2013, 01:36 PM   |  #5  
Buford, GA
Thanks Meter: 729

2,042 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmjswitch

tried this today, apparently the pin is saved to the data. that was the only part of the backup I couldn't restore.

You might try using an app like MyBackupPro and do a selective backup of apps and their data and not use the recovery restore.

Only thing I could find on pin and google account was for wallet and voice, admittedly I didn't spend more than a few minutes googling it. Figured I'd take a look as well, for ya.

Good luck
EDIT: there is an app for that https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pass.pro&hl=en
Last edited by jdelano; 28th December 2013 at 01:51 PM.
28th December 2013, 05:36 PM   |  #6  

60 posts
More
Quote:

I was unaware I could do this, do you have any more information on how to do this?

According to Google, if you enter a bad pattern 5 times you should see an option for "forgot pattern," which you can use to log into your Google account and bypass the lockscreen.

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3388218?hl=en
28th December 2013, 06:24 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenZen

According to Google, if you enter a bad pattern 5 times you should see an option for "forgot pattern," which you can use to log into your Google account and bypass the lockscreen.

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3388218?hl=en

that's what I thought too, but I'm thinking cyanogenmod disables this feature. Its told me on numerous occasions "you got the password wrong 15 times, please wait 30 seconds then try again"
28th December 2013, 08:06 PM   |  #8  

60 posts
More
Quote:

that's what I thought too, but I'm thinking cyanogenmod disables this feature. Its told me on numerous occasions "you got the password wrong 15 times, please wait 30 seconds then try again"

Hm. No idea there, but if that's the case then perhaps it's possible that there is a way to flash a patch to restore that functionality.
28th December 2013, 09:19 PM   |  #9  
Quote:

Hello everyone.

Somehow I managed to lock myself out of my own phone using the pincode screen lock. I've tried a few trouble shooting solutions which I found online, including downloading something from my computers google play store. Nothing seems to be working and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to help me out?

I've using a sprint galaxy s3 with cm-10.2.0-RC1 mod and I can still access TWRP.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Flash this in recovery. Phone will be unlocked on boot. This is safe to use on ANY phone where u cannot pass the screen lock. Made by me so please don't do nothing unethical with it

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...YH_2Ih-lrGGufw
Last edited by billard412; 28th December 2013 at 09:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th December 2013, 12:35 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billard412

Flash this in recovery. Phone will be unlocked on boot. This is safe to use on ANY phone where u cannot pass the screen lock. Made by me so please don't do nothing unethical with it

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...YH_2Ih-lrGGufw

worked like a charm. you sir, are amazing. thank you!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread