XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]SamFirmware Download ROM advise?

Tip us?

thethiny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q]SamFirmware Download ROM advise?

Hi,
so my local is UAE, when I went to download the firmwares (For removing the "modified" thing), I found two versions, LYS and XSG. both of them have a PDA number different than the other, so I didn't know what to get, then I checked my phone and found this:
Baseband version:
N7100XXDMF1
BUILD NUMBER:
JZO54K.N7100XXDME6

Then I checked the LYS and XSG and all of them end with DMC/DMB

Then I checked the United Kingdom BTU, and I found the same as LYS and XSG, with the addition of DME6 (my mobile). Which I found weird cuz I bought my phone from the UAE, and it was an international version.

What I wanna do is roll back to a previous update, run Triangle Away, reset my status to Official, then update again.

How come I have the UK's update (I updated IN THE UAE), if my phone is from the UAE? or does the Build number don't matter which country I'm in?

One more question, If I flash the ROM via Odin, what am I risking? (phone brick, app loosing, data loose...etc)

thanks

shafez
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethiny View Post
hi,
so my local is uae, when i went to download the firmwares (for removing the "modified" thing), i found two versions, lys and xsg. Both of them have a pda number different than the other, so i didn't know what to get, then i checked my phone and found this:
Baseband version:
N7100xxdmf1
build number:
Jzo54k.n7100xxdme6

then i checked the lys and xsg and all of them end with dmc/dmb

then i checked the united kingdom btu, and i found the same as lys and xsg, with the addition of dme6 (my mobile). Which i found weird cuz i bought my phone from the uae, and it was an international version.

What i wanna do is roll back to a previous update, run triangle away, reset my status to official, then update again.

How come i have the uk's update (i updated in the uae), if my phone is from the uae? Or does the build number don't matter which country i'm in?

One more question, if i flash the rom via odin, what am i risking? (phone brick, app loosing, data loose...etc)

thanks
use xsg dmc3.
Please Hit the THANKS BUTTON if I helped you

Galaxy S3 Marble White.

thethiny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafez View Post
use xsg dmc3.
any reasons?

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21097

DONATE TO ME
XSG is country code for UAE
Another way to move back to original stat
-Open kies - tool - firmware initialization - follow wizard
But this way you lose data.
For N7100---For N7000
My Applications

No PM for tech support. All XDA members are my friends so ignoring all incoming friends requests.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thethiny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan View Post
XSG is country code for UAE
Another way to move back to original stat
-Open kies - tool - firmware initialization - follow wizard
But this way you lose data.
but how come I have the BTU update? also LYS is also UAE, Du maybe?

dr.ketan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21097

DONATE TO ME
If your device have BTU rom then you will get updates from btu only. Probably when you have purchased rom you may have btu version installed instead of UAE.
What you are getting by dialing *#1234#

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
For N7100---For N7000
My Applications

No PM for tech support. All XDA members are my friends so ignoring all incoming friends requests.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yahyoh
Old
Thanks Meter 1873
if u don't have EFS backup u will end up with fake imei if u go back to DMC3 from MF1 so maybe the network wont work
Gnote2 Rom: XXUENB4 kernel: Stock
Galaxy S2 ROM: XWLSW 4.1.2 Kernel: Stock
Galaxy Nexus ROM:CM11 Kernel: CM stock kernel

thethiny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan View Post
If your device have BTU rom then you will get updates from btu only. Probably when you have purchased rom you may have btu version installed instead of UAE.
What you are getting by dialing *#1234#

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
Connection problem or invalid MMI code

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyoh View Post
if u don't have EFS backup u will end up with fake imei if u go back to DMC3 from MF1 so maybe the network wont work
I have an EFS backup but I don't know what to do with it :\

shafez
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethiny View Post
Connection problem or invalid MMI code

I have an EFS backup but I don't know what to do with it :\
Your device country code is written next to the serial number on the Retail Box.

I would suggest that you stick to the rom which belongs to your country code to avoid any problem that may be caused by loosing your EFS data.

If your are not under warranty, it does not matter which country code you are using any way.
Please Hit the THANKS BUTTON if I helped you

Galaxy S3 Marble White.

thethiny
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafez View Post
Your device country code is written next to the serial number on the Retail Box.

I would suggest that you stick to the rom which belongs to your country code to avoid any problem that may be caused by loosing your EFS data.

If your are not under warranty, it does not matter which country code you are using any way.
First, on the Box I found samsung.com/fr , which means the Mobile is French. So I went to sammobile, searched France (XEF) and found the CSC and PDA, and when I run in my phone *#1234#, I get the CSC and PDA which are the exact same as the French XEF 4.1.2 update.

So that means my phone is french and I should install French Versions...Guess this is why I got the 4.1.2 update not available in the uae.