Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android - File - Info error - HTC One

Tip us?

vivekanandarao
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Android - File - Info error - HTC One

Hi,

I rooted my HTC one last night and then tried to install an add-on Advanced Power Menu mod, but for some unknown reason got stuck into the boot logo issue. I have tried searching on the web for possible solutions, but nothing seems to work for me.

1. ADB is not activated. Hence, can't push any file into my sdcard and flash using custom recovery.
2. RUU file - tried using the RUU zip from HTC1GURU, but getting the error "Read file zipped android-Info.txt failed".

Kindly let me know if anyone can help me as I love this. I believe I haven't bricked it and I am just missing some basics.

I am not an expert in all of this stuff, but able to work around a bit by following instructions.

Eagerly awaiting a reply to my issue.

Mods: Please re-direct me if I am posting in the wrong section and delete this thread.

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 947
You should be able to mount the "sdcard" from recovery, and then copy the new ROM.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 417
TWRP > Advanced > Sideload..

then adb sideload romname.zip ?

This doesn't work?

If not, your OS? and output of fastboot getvar all (minus IMEI&SN)

vivekanandarao
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope View Post
You should be able to mount the "sdcard" from recovery, and then copy the new ROM.
The HTC one only has internal memory and no SD card facility. So, I doubt I can copy anything to the phone and use TWRP

vivekanandarao
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default noteebse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
TWRP > Advanced > Sideload..

then adb sideload romname.zip ?

This doesn't work?

If not, your OS? and output of fastboot getvar all (minus IMEI&SN)
I tried ADB SideLoad, but it doesn't work. Seems like the enable usb debugging option is turned off before I got into the problem and hence the device is not recognized.

I am using Windows 7. I am at office right now, but will definitely provide you the details as soon as I reach home.

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekanandarao View Post
The HTC one only has internal memory and no SD card facility. So, I doubt I can copy anything to the phone and use TWRP
But the internal memory is partitioned and then some of it mounted at /sdcard, which is usually treated as an external sdcard.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Quote:
I tried ADB SideLoad, but it doesn't work. Seems like the enable usb debugging option is turned off before I got into the problem and hence the device is not recognized.

I am using Windows 7. I am at office right now, but will definitely provide you the details as soon as I reach home.
In TWRP, there is no USB debugging option. ADB is available in sideload mode.

vivekanandarao
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
In TWRP, there is no USB debugging option. ADB is available in sideload mode.
Ok. But sorry for asking this again. Can you give me a step by step instruction as to what needs to be done now.

In TWRP, if I click on ADB Sideload, it gives me two options
1. Wipe Dalvik Cache
2. Wipe Cache.

I didn't select either and swiped to start Sideload.

I get this message.

ADB Sideload Complete.
Failed

vivekanandarao
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope View Post
But the internal memory is partitioned and then some of it mounted at /sdcard, which is usually treated as an external sdcard.
Yes, I can see that there is a directory by the name /sdcard. But I really don't know how to copy the files to this directory.

At this moment, I can only access Fastboot & TWRP.

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 947
Quote:
Yes, I can see that there is a directory by the name /sdcard. But I really don't know how to copy the files to this directory.

At this moment, I can only access Fastboot & TWRP.
As I said, in TWRP, mount the sdcard and then use the PC to copy the file. I'm sure this works.